Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Novitious Sense 5.5

Tip us?

Hotdizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by baknblack View Post
Try running without SwiftKey for a while and see what happens.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure the problem is with RAM and memory management. When I wipe cache it's snappy for a while, then slowly bogs down over a few days. I'm going to start monitoring the memory and see if that's it for sure.

bauerpower
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanke View Post
Never used instagram. Does it FC? Or just not sync?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The app works fine...just doesn't sync...it doesn't show up in settings/accounts and sync

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

gstanke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdizzle View Post
I'm pretty sure the problem is with RAM and memory management. When I wipe cache it's snappy for a while, then slowly bogs down over a few days. I'm going to start monitoring the memory and see if that's it for sure.
I use touchpal x. Never had an issue with it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gstanke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lurien
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:

I agree. TouchPal works very well...

Sent from my EVO LTE using xda premium

Hotdizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:

Ok, I'll give it a try. Thank you. The real issue is still the sense redraws. Is there a way to lock it in memory or "white list" it so it doesn't get killed? I'll try researching it myself, but I figured I'd ask you since you are obviously much more knowledgeable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hotdizzle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gstanke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Ok, I'll give it a try. Thank you. The real issue is still the sense redraws. Is there a way to lock it in memory or "white list" it so it doesn't get killed? I'll try researching it myself, but I figured I'd ask you since you are obviously much more knowledgeable.
Haven't noticed an issue on my end, but currently beta testing another rom, once I flash back I'll keep an eye on it

The Following User Says Thank You to gstanke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hotdizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Haven't noticed an issue on my end, but currently beta testing another rom, once I flash back I'll keep an eye on it

Thank you. I didn't mean to insinuate that it was a problem with your ROM in particular. It's a general problem with this phone's limited RAM and HTC's memory management/lack of multi tasking.

gstanke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Thank you. I didn't mean to insinuate that it was a problem with your ROM in particular. It's a general problem with this phone's limited RAM and HTC's memory management/lack of multi tasking.
Gotcha. I didn't think you were implying it was a problem with the rom. But yeah this phone for me is great. Sense 4 kinda sucked, sense 5 and 5.5 worked a lot better. I'm guessing sense 6 will be smooth as butter

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gstanke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sinistertensai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Some devices suffer more than others with this. I'd suggest ruuing your lte and reflashing see if that helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sinistertensai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whbisondtr
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I've come across my first issue, and it's really not a big deal, but I can't get adaway to work on this. I've tried installing and it says app not installed so then I tried pushing into data/app, changing permissions and rebooting but nada. I'm S-off if that matters.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app