Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help fast, PLEASE!!!!

Tip us?
 
stevae
Old
#11  
stevae's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 264
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado - for now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanke View Post
Well since it was updated you need a rom that is built on the new layout. The link I have you is for a rom that should work fine for you. It is sense 5.5 and personally I love it. Hopefully your friend will too. Just dl and flash. Also you need a modified twrp recovery from Captain_Throwback.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so the recovery i have won't work? do you have a link for this modified twrp? and is it a zip file, because i can flash zip files, but image files don't even show up.
 
gstanke
Old
#12  
gstanke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 284
Posts: 474
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Flint
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevae View Post
so the recovery i have won't work? do you have a link for this modified twrp? and is it a zip file, because i can flash zip files, but image files don't even show up.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50112370
Either of the twrps listed in this thread should work. Fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img. personally I would rename the recovery to either twrp or recovery and make sure it is in the same folder as the fastboot files. Or if you are s-off put in a zip fodder after renaming to recovery.img


Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to gstanke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stevae
Old
#13  
stevae's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 264
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado - for now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanke View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50112370
Either of the twrps listed in this thread should work. Fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img. personally I would rename the recovery to either twrp or recovery and make sure it is in the same folder as the fastboot files. Or if you are s-off put in a zip fodder after renaming to recovery.img


Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
ok, i got them. i'll go give it a shot. i really appreciate all the help, i'll hit your thanks bar many times.

update: i hit your thanks bar for every post you made in this thread. thanks again. hope it all works.
 
stevae
Old
#14  
stevae's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 264
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado - for now...
man, i can't believe i went through all the things i went through, and i am right back in the same boat i was this afternoon. i renamed and flashed the custom recovery. i then flashed the rom, and when it looked like it was doing everything right, and starting to load the rom, it took me right back to the prompt "Decrypt Storage". type password to decrypt storage.
30 attempts remain before device data is deleted.

how can i get past this thing? i wiped everything there was to wipe on this phone.
 
gstanke
Old
#15  
gstanke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 284
Posts: 474
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Flint
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevae View Post
man, i can't believe i went through all the things i went through, and i am right back in the same boat i was this afternoon. i renamed and flashed the custom recovery. i then flashed the rom, and when it looked like it was doing everything right, and starting to load the rom, it took me right back to the prompt "Decrypt Storage". type password to decrypt storage.
30 attempts remain before device data is deleted.

how can i get past this thing? i wiped everything there was to wipe on this phone.
Reflash recovery again. Or try a different one from captains thread.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

@Captain_Throwback, you got any insight for this particular situation?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
stevae
Old
(Last edited by stevae; 11th July 2014 at 10:53 PM.)
#16  
stevae's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 264
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado - for now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanke View Post
Reflash recovery again. Or try a different one from captains thread.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

@Captain_Throwback, you got any insight for this particular situation?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
i got so mad about the decrypt thing popping back up, that i went into wipe and did a full "format data". now the decrypt message is gone, but the phone will not recognize the internal sd card. the only place it shows up is in advanced wipe area, and i can wipe it individually, but in the other areas of the phone, it doesn't show up. for instannce, if i try to usb mount, there is no internal card, so it will not show anything. so how do i get this internal sd card back? i can't flash anything right now because it isn't recognized.

two other questions, should the int sd card be formatted in fat32 or exfat? and is the rom you gave me odexed or deodexed?

UPDATE: so i finally decided to use the root folder to flash the older twrp, and it worked. then i was able to see the internal folder again. so i tried to reload the supersu, and rom you suggested, but when it loaded up, it took me right back to the "decrypt storage" message. so i tried to reload the newer twrp, you suggested, and the int sd card is not recognized again. so i am guessing i have a lot of miss matched software on this phone, and maybe that is the reason i am getting this message. any idea how to determine exactly which ones are out of place? in the mean time, i googled the decrypt storage message, and many people have been through this also, but i haven't seen a fix. so i will go back to your friends site, and try the other twrp for now.

UPDATE2: i just decided to relock the bootloader, and ruu it back to original. i hope this works. i was able to relock the bootloader, and i am in the middle of ruu'ing it now.
UPDATE3: yeah, i've got it back up. so glad to get this thing running again. i wish i had of understood what you meant by ruu before, i would have saved myself a lot of grief.
 
stevae
Old
#17  
stevae's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 264
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado - for now...
the fact that, while setting things up for the first time, this phone will not let you skip accounts, and just get into your phone is crap. you should be able to set the accounts up at your whim. and even if you try to set a new account up with htc, the code the phone gives you, will not work on the htc site. even if you keep generating a new code on the phone, the site will not take it. what the hell is that? this entire experience with this phone makes me appreciate having a samsung much, much, much more than ever before. htc needs to get their head out of their ass, and stop making everything so difficult.
 
Captain_Throwback
Old
#18  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8646
Posts: 10,065
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bensalem, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Based on a quick read on this thread, the problem appears to have been an incomplete update to the new layout. The HBOOT got updated, but the image doesn't appear to have been flushed again to update the data and system partitions fully, and then the ROM booted to ensure everything was initialized properly. That would be the way to fix it going forward.

Also, you can skip through all of the account setup stuff in the ROM - I'm not sure what you mean about that .
Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005

Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 56019
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003

Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes