Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Help - Tried to S-Off with DirtyRacun

Tip us?

dante042
Old
(Last edited by dante042; 14th August 2014 at 01:31 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So i've been trying to use the HTC Unbrick Project to get my phone back, but when I try to run the code in the last step, it throws back the following: "./emmc_recover: --backupafter: unknown option". Does anyone know why that would be?

EDIT: I posted this here because the last activity of the HTC Unbrick Project thread is from December 2013. I figured I could get better help here, rather than an old thread. Let me know if I should post there instead.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,899

DONATE TO ME
Might want to see whether or not the OP of the Unbrick Project applies to your current situation, first off.

"Note: This will fix only devices which were bricked by turning S ON. And bricks caused by a damaged hboot via interrupted OTA update/RUU flash on a S-ON device. Any devices bricked with other ways are currently *not* supported."

dante042
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not really sure what caused the turn off, which is a problem. I think it tried to say that there was an update available, and then shut off, but I can't really remember. I'm hoping that this could fix it.

Either way, the issue I just mentioned has to do with the program, not my phone.

dante042
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I got my phone back up and running, but it won't go into fastboot. Every time I try to boot into fastboot, it skips the initial HTC screen and continues as though it were booting normally. I assume that means my HBoot is corrupt, but I don't know how to fix that.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,899

DONATE TO ME
Does the phone boot to the operating system? If so, go to Menu>Settings>Power and make sure that Fastboot isn't checked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dante042
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I could not find that option, and I wondered if that might have been it. Thanks! Now I get to root this thing and try facepalm.

dante042
Old
(Last edited by dante042; 20th August 2014 at 10:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Alright! Finally succeeded in getting S-Off with Facepalm. I have run the official RUU for 3.16.651.16 and then got the OTA update to 3.16.651.3. I had to call Customer Service to fix an Error 16, but it works now.

I guess the question now is, is it worth upgrading to 4.13? I know it's not hard, but downgrading seems like a pain if I don't like it or it doesn't work well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that it's pretty easy if I use VipeRUU or even the stock RUU. Thanks for all of the help guys!