Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] S-off with hboot 1.12?

OP tames1235

20th July 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Hi, I've had my Evo for awhile and rooted it about 2 years ago and haven't updated anything outside of my recoveries, so I'm sitting on hboot 1.12 and s-on. I want to update my hboot and radios but after much googling it looks like I have to go s-off. Lazy panda and dirty rancun don't seem to support windows anymore so it looks like my only option is facepalm s-off. On that thread it shows I need supercid which i'm not sure how to get. Is it even possible to upgrade my hboot, or would there be another way to upgrade my radios without going s-off?

Thanks!
20th July 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,087

8,451 posts
Donate to Me
More
Facepalm is super easy just follow the instructions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Facepalm is super easy just follow the instructions.

I don't need supercid? Would I just run the commands from the folder with my adb and fastboot .exes?
20th July 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag East Stroudsburg
Thanks Meter: 424

808 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tames1235

I don't need supercid? Would I just run the commands from the folder with my adb and fastboot .exes?

As BD619 said, facepalm will work for your hboot and it is the easiest way ever. Just read carefully and follow instructions.

It ain't nothing but a G thing baby... Lg G3 LGSL990
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,123

3,892 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Copy and paste the command to gain Super CID into your command line. Run it while booted to the Android OS. Then follow the rest of the instructions in the Facepalm thread. There are two files that you'll need to put in your ADB/Fastboot directory prior to running the commands. You need to be on a fairly stock Sense ROM, also.

Sent from my HTC M8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

Copy and paste the command to gain Super CID into your command line. Run it while booted to the Android OS. Then follow the rest of the instructions in the Facepalm thread. There are two files that you'll need to put in your ADB/Fastboot directory prior to running the commands. You need to be on a fairly stock Sense ROM, also.

Sent from my HTC M8

Thanks for the reply. Could you dumb that down a bit? I've already put the two files into my folder with the adb.exe and the fastboot.exe. I've already restored to a stock rom (sense 4.0 and android 4.03) that I had from before I started flashing custom roms. Booted to the android OS?
20th July 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV

8,451 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. Could you dumb that down a bit? I've already put the two files into my folder with the adb.exe and the fastboot.exe. I've already restored to a stock rom (sense 4.0 and android 4.03) that I had from before I started flashing custom roms. Booted to the android OS?

OS=Rom
20th July 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

OS=Rom

Ah, thanks. Sorry for so many questions. Putting in the supercid command, I got 8+0 records in, 8+0 records out. Then entering in the next command, I get " error: device not found" That can't be right?
20th July 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,123

3,892 posts
Donate to Me
More
Take a look at this thread here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #10  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV

8,451 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah, thanks. Sorry for so many questions. Putting in the supercid command, I got 8+0 records in, 8+0 records out. Then entering in the next command, I get " error: device not found" That can't be right?

This command?
adb reboot bootloader

If so just boot into bootloader manually
Reboot your device and hold vol down it will take you to bootloader
Also if you are in bootloader already make sure it says fastbootusb (if it just says fastboot press the power button once to select fastboot it should change to fastbootusb)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread