Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone Keeps Rebooting Over and Over Repeatedly

Tip us?

bpc87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone Keeps Rebooting Over and Over Repeatedly

This is my mothers phone and it just repeatedly keeps rebooting you cant do anything on it when it reboots it goes to the home screen for about 15 secs with nothing but a background then it reboots and this is all it does anyone that could help it would be appreciated

fizbanrapper
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc87 View Post
This is my mothers phone and it just repeatedly keeps rebooting you cant do anything on it when it reboots it goes to the home screen for about 15 secs with nothing but a background then it reboots and this is all it does anyone that could help it would be appreciated
This thread got buried pretty deep...

Don't Panic -- Please Read First, includes troubleshooting guide [ 1 2 3 ... Last ]

...whole way down at topic #1
The Following User Says Thank You to fizbanrapper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,899

DONATE TO ME
Some more info would be useful. Is the phone rooted? Is it S-on or S-off? Is it running the stock ROM or a custom ROM, and if it's running a custom ROM, which one? What Hboot and software version is installed? Depending upon your answer, your best bet may be to run a RUU (Rom Update Utility). Read the thread @fizbanrapper posted the link to above, and also hit the top link in my sig. Both contain some very useful info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]