Rooting 3.17.651.5

Search This thread

StrummingLevi

Jul 8, 2010
I'm trying to root my evo lte but can't seem to figure out which method will work on my phone's software and hboot version.
my phone
s-on rl
hboot- 2.09.0000
radio- 1.13.11.0830
Hardware version 0003
Software version 3.17.651.5 710RD

I unlocked the bootloader using the htcdev site with no problems. Tried using windroid tools (which half time recognizes my phone and the other half gets an error upon opening), but now I'm thinking that windroid tools may not work with my software version. I guess what I want to know is: what is the best method to root my phone's software version?

Last edited:
Reactions: salsahead

djjozo

Nov 11, 2010
Central Florida
I'm trying to root my evo lte but can't seem to figure out which method will work on my phone's software and hboot version.
my phone
s-on rl
hboot- 2.09.0000
radio- 1.13.11.0830
Hardware version 0003

I unlocked the bootloader using the htcdev site with no problems. Tried using windroid tools (which half time recognizes my phone and the other half gets an error upon opening), but now I'm thinking that windroid tools may not work with my software version. I guess what I want to know is: what is the best method to root my phone's software version?

Have u checked out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026938

StrummingLevi

Jul 8, 2010
Software version 3.17.651.5 on the list of working software but I went ahead and tried it. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: salsahead

salsahead

Oct 18, 2014
Success (finally) for 3.17.651.5

I have tried many times to root this phone. My install matches the OP which is what led me here. I had gone down many paths trying to s-off the phone with no success, and I think that it all has to do with unsuccessful attempts to get SU installed. The method described in the link above I had tried previously. Unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRM have always worked, but I have not previously been able to get a suitable SU binary on the device. The key for me was that SuperSU did not work (the flash of the .zip would report success, but the binary would either not be found or would not update properly), while the signed Superuser zip did work . Many thanks for packaging all the pieces together.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my phone
    s-on rl
    hboot- 2.09.0000
    radio- 1.13.11.0830
    Hardware version 0003

Have u checked out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026938
    Software version 3.17.651.5 on the list of working software but I went ahead and tried it. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
    Fixed it. :D
    That method will work regardless of software version..only way it wouldn't work is if the carrier starts blocking HTC-Dev.
    my phone
    s-on rl
    hboot- 2.09.0000
    radio- 1.13.11.0830
    Hardware version 0003

No problem, I just copied the link to Big Daddy's (BD619) thread. He's the one you should thank if you haven't already!
    No thanks needed just doing my part :D