Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will sprint replace the battery?

Tip us?

Novarider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default Will sprint replace the battery?

I am considering picking up a used evo lte for my daughter as her first phone. My only concern is that the phone is now "old" and the battery could be worn out. So can I pay Sprint to replace the battery?

I can replace it myself but I can't find what I would think is a legitimate battery. The only one on Amazon gets bad reviews.
Hello, My name is Andrew and I am a Flashaholic

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,883

DONATE TO ME
You could probably pay Sprint to do it, but I would be just as inclined to find a local cell phone repair store to do it.

This thread should be posted in Q&A, by the way.

Sent from my HTC M8

Triny511
Old
Thanks Meter 10
It's not hard to replace it, and eBay has many available: used, new, or refurbished. The most you'll pay is like 15$, I found one refurbished for 5$ and replaced it myself. Works a lot better than my 2 year old battery.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wildclip
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triny511 View Post
It's not hard to replace it, and eBay has many available: used, new, or refurbished. The most you'll pay is like 15$, I found one refurbished for 5$ and replaced it myself. Works a lot better than my 2 year old battery.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I bought a battery off ebay and I'm only getting 5 hours of charge from it. How many do you get and which ebay seller did you buy from ? I see a ton on ebay and I think some are fakes.