Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unable to mount internal storage

OP 09eric09

8th July 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

228 posts
I've flashed to a couple of aosp roms (cm, ls), but my phone does not read my internal storage. Recovery still recognizes it, but not in the rom. It also does not show up when I connect it to my pc. Any ideas why?
8th July 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 177

245 posts
You're on new partitions and flashing old partition ROMs, or vice versa. Or you're flashing a ROM that isn't working quite right. For example the latest SOKP build is supposed to be for new partitions, but internal storage doesn't seem to be working right.

To know for sure, I need to know what HBoot, TWRP and ROM you are trying to run.

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th July 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

228 posts
Hboot - 2.10
TWRP - 2.7.1.0B
Rom - CM 11
Last edited by 09eric09; 8th July 2014 at 08:47 PM.
8th July 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbanrapper

You're on new partitions and flashing old partition ROMs, or vice versa. Or you're flashing a ROM that isn't working quite right. For example the latest SOKP build is supposed to be for new partitions, but internal storage doesn't seem to be working right.

To know for sure, I need to know what HBoot, TWRP and ROM you are trying to run.

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I also wanted to ask about partitions. What exactly are partitions and how do I know if I need to update them? I would appreciate a quick explanation if you don't mind (relatively new to all of this).
8th July 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #5  
Flag Flint
Thanks Meter: 339

543 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09eric09

I also wanted to ask about partitions. What exactly are partitions and how do I know if I need to update them? I would appreciate a quick explanation if you don't mind (relatively new to all of this).

I believe partitions are basically sections of the disc storage. You have already updated them based on your HBOOT and recovery version. I'm guessing via ruu?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th July 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,179

3,990 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09eric09

On the old setup you essentially had two partitions for internal storage, media storage & internal storage. They were divided up roughly 2Gb and 10Gb, respectively. On the new partition layout you only have internal storage, which is now roughly 12Gb. Not sure why it's not showing up when you connect it to your PC, unless you're not looking at it correctly. When you connect to your PC you should see your device (EVO, I believe is what it will show up as). If you double-click on the device name you should see your internal storage and external storage (if you have a SD card installed).

Sent from my HTC M8
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 9th July 2014 at 12:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanke

I believe partitions are basically sections of the disc storage. You have already updated them based on your HBOOT and recovery version. I'm guessing via ruu?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, the latest ruu.
9th July 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

On the old setup you essentially had two partitions for internal storage, media storage & internal storage. They were divided up roughly 2Gb and 10Gb, respectively. On the new partition layout you only have internal storage, which is now roughly 12Gb. Not sure why it's not showing up when you connect it to your PC, unless you're not looking at it correctly. When you connect to your PC you should see your device (EVO, I believe is what it will show up as). If you double-click on the device name you should see your internal storage and external storage (if you have a SD card installed).

Sent from my HTC M8

I formatted the card, now it's working. Not sure what messed it up though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread