Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to mount internal storage

Tip us?
 
09eric09
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 115
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default Unable to mount internal storage

I've flashed to a couple of aosp roms (cm, ls), but my phone does not read my internal storage. Recovery still recognizes it, but not in the rom. It also does not show up when I connect it to my pc. Any ideas why?
 
fizbanrapper
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 91
Join Date: Jan 2014
You're on new partitions and flashing old partition ROMs, or vice versa. Or you're flashing a ROM that isn't working quite right. For example the latest SOKP build is supposed to be for new partitions, but internal storage doesn't seem to be working right.

To know for sure, I need to know what HBoot, TWRP and ROM you are trying to run.

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
09eric09
Old
(Last edited by 09eric09; 8th July 2014 at 07:47 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 115
Join Date: Jun 2014
Hboot - 2.10
TWRP - 2.7.1.0B
Rom - CM 11
 
09eric09
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 115
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbanrapper View Post
You're on new partitions and flashing old partition ROMs, or vice versa. Or you're flashing a ROM that isn't working quite right. For example the latest SOKP build is supposed to be for new partitions, but internal storage doesn't seem to be working right.

To know for sure, I need to know what HBoot, TWRP and ROM you are trying to run.

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I also wanted to ask about partitions. What exactly are partitions and how do I know if I need to update them? I would appreciate a quick explanation if you don't mind (relatively new to all of this).
 
gstanke
Old
#5  
gstanke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 292
Posts: 483
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Flint
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09eric09 View Post
I also wanted to ask about partitions. What exactly are partitions and how do I know if I need to update them? I would appreciate a quick explanation if you don't mind (relatively new to all of this).
I believe partitions are basically sections of the disc storage. You have already updated them based on your HBOOT and recovery version. I'm guessing via ruu?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Magnum_Enforcer
Old
(Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 8th July 2014 at 11:04 PM.)
#6  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1823
Posts: 3,412
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09eric09 View Post
I also wanted to ask about partitions. What exactly are partitions and how do I know if I need to update them? I would appreciate a quick explanation if you don't mind (relatively new to all of this).
On the old setup you essentially had two partitions for internal storage, media storage & internal storage. They were divided up roughly 2Gb and 10Gb, respectively. On the new partition layout you only have internal storage, which is now roughly 12Gb. Not sure why it's not showing up when you connect it to your PC, unless you're not looking at it correctly. When you connect to your PC you should see your device (EVO, I believe is what it will show up as). If you double-click on the device name you should see your internal storage and external storage (if you have a SD card installed).

Sent from my HTC M8
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
09eric09
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 115
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanke View Post
I believe partitions are basically sections of the disc storage. You have already updated them based on your HBOOT and recovery version. I'm guessing via ruu?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes, the latest ruu.
 
09eric09
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 115
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer View Post
On the old setup you essentially had two partitions for internal storage, media storage & internal storage. They were divided up roughly 2Gb and 10Gb, respectively. On the new partition layout you only have internal storage, which is now roughly 12Gb. Not sure why it's not showing up when you connect it to your PC, unless you're not looking at it correctly. When you connect to your PC you should see your device (EVO, I believe is what it will show up as). If you double-click on the device name you should see your internal storage and external storage (if you have a SD card installed).

Sent from my HTC M8
I formatted the card, now it's working. Not sure what messed it up though.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...