[ROM] InsertCoin Sense 6 | 3.0.7 | 5.11.401.10 | Kontrol Tweaks•Market•IconPacks•SVN

Search This thread

EthanM054

Apr 20, 2013
South Gate
Look back a few posts...

It's a Devhost link. Anything having to to with Devhost gives a 501 error with no way to download.

By the way.. Thank you for every damn post you've made about this phone. I've been using them for reference and have made the most out of this phone. It's gonna keep me going till I can scrap up enough cash to buy a new phone. Thank you very, very much!

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
It's a Devhost link. Anything having to to with Devhost gives a 501 error with no way to download.
The link works fine for me...do you need to use a different browser or adblocker?

EDIT: Now I see what you mean. I don't know if I have that uploaded anywhere else. Maybe someone else can find it in their archives. From what I remember, that kernel had some issues anyway.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_banner_jewel.png

ic_requirements_m7_zps25c8fd6e.png

#include
    /*
    * Unlocked Phone @ HTCDEV or S-OFF
    * Custom Recovery Must use TWRP 2.7.1.0b or higher
    *MUST BE ON NEW PARTITION best use the RUU
    * Common Sense, Brains and logic
    */

ic_license_m7_zpseaa1a17d.png

By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC EVO LTE you agree to the following:

• Your warranty is now void.
    • I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROMbefore flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    • Support is limited. I do this as a hobby in my free time. I'll do my best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for me to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever I will ignore your issue!
    • Leave the self entitled customer attitude at the door. I am under NO obligation what-so-ever to do anything for you. If I do it is because I like helping people. Using custom work published on XDA is not a right, it is a privilege. If you think otherwise please read here. Or watch this video.
    • NO Requests! When I work on InsertCoin I have in mind that I have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa . I'm not your personal ROM developer and it is not my job nor my intention to make everybody happy.
    • Do not come here asking "Hey mate, X rom has that awesome feature and if you don't implement it in your rom, I'll !" You flashed this ROM because you liked it at some point, if that change please stop using it.
    • Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible.
    • NO ETAs! While I do my best to constantly work on the ROM to improve, *fix and add new features, again this is a hobby! There are periods when due real-life issues I can't spend too much time for InsertCoin! If this becomes an obligation passion fades and I might stop cooking the ROM

ic_sharing_m7_zps81151c49.png

• You must ask my express permission!
    • You are NOT allowed to use any part of the tweaks files, scripts or app
    • If you get the permission when you use the files you MUST post proper link to this thread and mention me ( @baadnewz)
    • Not respecting this simple rules will lead to reporting to XDA Administrators.

ic_Features_m7_zps6758f24f.png

• ROM Base features:
    • latest HTC ONE (M7) Sense 6 base ported to JEWEL
    • more languages enabled (FULL WWE)
    • root, busybox and init.d support
    • persistent ADB enabled
    • ramdisk improvements
    • battery life, performance and memory improvements
    • sysro / sysrw binaries
    • openvpn / sqlite support
    • disabled logging & removed bloat ware
    • stripped debugging info for improved performance
    • optimized with latest sdk for improved performance
    • trimmed partitions for improved performance
    • zipaligned apps for improved performance
    • flar2's Write Protection MOD to allow S-ON users fully writeable /system partition
    • advanced power menu
    • disabled Persistent Navigation Bar (m8 has it since it has no soft buttons)
    • 5x6 Grid size option in Sense App Drawer
    • Sense Launcher Menu Support
    • Extended Native EQS (15 tiles) props @Jonny for initial Sense 5 mod
    • Ability to map LongPress Home SoftButton for MENU in Settings - Display
    • Smoothest ROM
    • Best Battery Management
    • Fast fixes / updates
    • myHUB
    • InsertCoin Kontrol
    • InsertCoin Market
    • InsertCoin ZipFlasher
    • InsertCoin Themes App
    • InsertCoin PerApp Color
    • InsertCoin Extreme Powersaving app remap
    • InsertCoin OTA Updates

ic_bugs_m7_zps44f373b4.png

• Motion control doesn't work! you need a custom kernel that supports this!
    • You may lose WiFi connection during the initial setup or while apps are restoring - this will require a reboot to restore connectivity
    • WiFi - Scanning always available option must remain checked, otherwise you won't be able to turn WiFi back on without rebooting
    • WiFi hotspot not working - Do NOT enable it!! It will break WiFi, requiring a re-flash. The option will be disabled in future updates (unless it gets fixed) - removed in 3.0.6.1
    • FM Radio - If you want to be able to use FM Radio, you must grant root access to the FM Radio Service when prompted, otherwise you will have a force close and/or no sound in the app.
    • Beats icon does not show up when listening to music unless you toggle Beats Audio in Settings
    • In-call audio is only routing through speaker instead of earpiece - fixed in 3.0.7
    • Google hotword detection isn't working
    • HTC Speak not working

Thank to All

@baadnewz || @mikrosmile || @V6-Maniac || @xXminiWHOOPERxX || @Captain_Throwback
    @Gstanke || @Sinistertensai || @bilal_liberty || @pirlano

ic_dls_m7_zpsa35c4e43.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    InsertCoin_Sense6_Jewel, ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
    chubbzlou, mikrosmile, Captain_Throwback, baadnewz
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.13.651.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0.7
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-10

Created 2014-09-10
    Last Updated 2014-09-13
    Please remember folks that this is a port based from a incomplete 4.3 updated this is also kit Kat running off of jelly bean firmware. There are going to be issues but we all have worked our hardest to get this where it is today. If you have issues and they out weigh the benefits I suggest you use one of the many fully working 4.3 roms or even 4.1.1 or 4.2.2. Please take note that this is a development forum so expect some bugs.
    Hello guys, just wondering if there has been any progress on this rom?

No there hasn't been and most likely there won't be, this was the last installment of sense for the jewel unless someone else comes along in the future. The devs that put in a lot of time, fixing, breaking, fixing, breaking and testing have all moved on to a different device. I personally still have my jewel as a emergency device in case something happens to my m8 but without the rest of the crew I can't do much. Many many hours went into this, many long frustrated nights and many times the towel almost got thrown in. I had a lot of fun helping with this project and learned quite a bit, but I'm not skilled enough yet to continue this. Learning more and more on the m8 now though. I know this is long but the point of it is not to put you down or to offend its mainly just hopes that you enjoy what was released to the general public.
    Error 404 - page not found, Please give a link to ROM.

Sorry but not gonna happen. Last post before yours was almost a year ago and development was stopped before that.
    I'm still using this ROM on my Jewel, so just because there isn't any active development on it doesn't mean I don't have a flashable zip laying around ;).

Do you know if anyone else has a second hand download for the rom? Because I've been looking around Google and can't find one anywhere.
    This is the zip I'm using on my Jewel: https://goo.gl/XK651P
    Changelog for 3.0.7:

[*]Fixed earpiece volume issue

[*]Removed WiFi Hotspot

Op Updated