Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CWM varients and custom ROMS

OP degsie

28th August 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

35 posts
Finally got around to rooting and ROM'ing my Exhibit II to KitKat (Slim). One thing I came across is that by following posted instructions I installed 6012 CWM and thereafter could not install any of the roms I tried as I was getting 'status (7)' failures! After trying for HOURS I discovered that I had to install 6045 CWM to get the roms to install. So there appears to be a dependency of CWM version to rom version. Can anybody shed any light on this and explain which CWM version is applicable to which specific custom rom? Thanks.
Last edited by degsie; 29th August 2014 at 11:27 AM.
28th August 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 12

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degsie

Finally got around to rooting and ROM'ing my Exhibit II to KitKat (Slim). One thing I came across is that by following posted instructions I installed 6012 CWM and thereafter could not install any of the roms I tried as I was getting 'status (7)' failures! After trying for HOURS I discovered that I has to install 6045 CWM to get the roms to install. So there appears to be a dependency of CWM version to rom version. Can anybody shed any light on this and explain which CWM version is applicable which to specific custom rom? Thanks.

i'm far from expert, but I think I can give you a decent explanation.. I don't think cwm is "rom specific" as you say, but more like "android specific" like ginger bread, jellybean, and kitkat. older versions of cwm work with older versions of android os.. I hope that makes senses, sorry I can't go into more detail but i'm not a 100% on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitro Lopez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread