Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I was offered this as a warranty replacement, should I take it?

Tip us?

iamcombat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I was offered this as a warranty replacement, should I take it?

I currently have a Huawei U8680 which has almost no ROM support. It overheated months ago and now the battery only holds a charge for maybe 3 hours tops. So I got a hold of T-Mobile and the Galaxy Exhibit is what they said I should be getting in place of my phone.

My current set has a 4" screen and a 1.4Ghz Snapdragon processor, while the Exhibit has a 3.8" screen and a 1Ghz NovaThor processor.

The only upgrade I would get that I can tell is a better resolution front facing camera.

Should I go ahead and take the Exhibit as my replacement or try to fight them for something with a screen the same as mine and a processor the same speed?

jin03002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Your choice

Honestly, the Exhibit will be slower than your U8680 because it's only a single-core and it only has 512MB Ram.
However, it does have great dev support so you can install custom ROM's such as Kitkat on the Exhibit.
The U8680 only has Gingerbread stock ROM I think so the Kitkat is a nice upgrade. (If you are fine with rooting and installing ROM's)
I'll probably ask for a better phone though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcombat View Post
I currently have a Huawei U8680 which has almost no ROM support. It overheated months ago and now the battery only holds a charge for maybe 3 hours tops. So I got a hold of T-Mobile and the Galaxy Exhibit is what they said I should be getting in place of my phone.

My current set has a 4" screen and a 1.4Ghz Snapdragon processor, while the Exhibit has a 3.8" screen and a 1Ghz NovaThor processor.

The only upgrade I would get that I can tell is a better resolution front facing camera.

Should I go ahead and take the Exhibit as my replacement or try to fight them for something with a screen the same as mine and a processor the same speed?