[Q] Stock 2.3.6, ODIN, and Flashing CWM 6.0.5.0

OP ZHXS

8th September 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

13 posts
More
Alright! Looks like @ZHXS you've found all the answers you needed.
I'm using the latest CM11 build by @cars1189. I don't remember what the difference between both kernels in cars' thread is, but I definitely know that the Christopher kernel is for OC and UV because it is the kernel i'm using right now. I will check it out again and come back at you when I find out.
For flashing one ROM over the other one I have done it many times (I don't know if it is fine or not but from the replies I think that it's not recommended) but i didn't encounter any trouble. Just but sure to nandroid before you flash on top. Also if it is an update of the same ROM you are running, it shouldn't cause any trouble in the future. The only thing is that if you had Xposed framework activated before the update, after the update you will have to reactivate it again because with an update of the ROM, Xposed framework gets deactivated. Also I would recommend a nandroid before the update just in case.

Also for the launcher, I have just found out that the home launcher of the Z3 has been ported and I tried it out. And I got to say, it is definitely faster than NovaLauncher in my phone. It takes less more time to go back when I press the home button from anywhere I'm in the phone. It doesn't have too much tweaks and personalisation like NovaLauncher, but hey with this phone the simpler the faster. The only down side with this launcher is that there is an empty spot under the dock that creates a waste of screen space. Here is one of my screenshot:
Quote:

The thread author said that he(she, I don't know) is working on it so we might see a fix for it. But if you want to check it out, here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...-0-14-t2868655

That's all I had to say, happy to help you if you have any other question that I can answer.
9th September 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 5

13 posts
More
I tested both kernels and it turns out that the ADC kernel looks like just a regular kernel. I had to do the flashing of the kernels on the 7-7-14 build because the ADC kernel was not available for the 8-28-14 build, and for the replies in the thread, the kernels for the 7-7-14 build and previous builds are not compatible with the 8-28-14 build. But I flashed it on the 7-7-14 build it did not show me any OC or UV settings and options. But I think that there is something else about this kernel that I don't know the presence of. But the Christopher kernel showed me OC and UV options so this kernel is definitely for OC and UV. There are also different versions of the Christopher kernel so you can check them out if you want.

And also the Xperia Z3 launcher port has been updated! The empty space under the dock has been removed. Looks like this now.
Quote:

If you want to check it out make sure to download the Home-superuser-nonav.apk . It's done by @Sahaab (just wanted to s/o him)
Last edited by theking1st; 9th September 2014 at 03:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to theking1st For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking1st

I tested both kernels and it turns out that the ADC kernel looks like just a regular kernel. I had to do the flashing of the kernels on the 7-7-14 build because the ADC kernel was not available for the 8-28-14 build, and for the replies in the thread, the kernels for the 7-7-14 build and previous builds are not compatible with the 8-28-14 build. But I flashed it on the 7-7-14 build it did not show me any OC or UV settings and options. But I think that there is something else about this kernel that I don't know the presence of. But the Christopher kernel showed me OC and UV options so this kernel is definitely for OC and UV. There are also different versions of the Christopher kernel so you can check them out if you want.

Wow @theking1st, going above & beyond testing the kernels! Thanks for the info man.

I'm kind of eager to OC now since after adding Google Search it's a bit slower again. I think I'll do that tonight, start fresh.
15th September 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #14  
Flag Standing in the middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 191

306 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHXS

Wow @theking1st, going above & beyond testing the kernels! Thanks for the info man.

I'm kind of eager to OC now since after adding Google Search it's a bit slower again. I think I'll do that tonight, start fresh.

besides the oc and uc there they both use different optimizations and default kernel tweaks. Personally i like having the oc and uv option. you can make it run faster then stock while having lower temps and longer battery life as well as faster charging wile the phone is actually on. Powered off its the same no matter what ya do as far as how fast it charges. also if your fine with the speed i;d still recommend undervolting as you can run at stable at lower mv then stock. How low you can goes varies from person to person but in general im sure you can run 1.2GHZ @ 1.150mv compared to stock 1ghz @ 1.200mv. if ya can go lower stable then kudos for getting a lucky kudos for getting a decent made chip. follow my oc/uv guide in the gen section if your new to it and you will be just fine and safely.
The Following User Says Thank You to TripFX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread