Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][WIP] Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4.4 - kitkat) for fairphone FP1

OP chrmhoffmann

16th September 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Chris for your wonderfull work. Will you also port Android L when it is available?
17th September 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #12  
Flag Amsterdam, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
More
Awesome work on the your port of cyanogen! I bought the FP1 at launch with high hopes for the phone, especially as it aimed to be open and community driven. Sadly, the hardware vendors fell a bit short of that promise. But finally I'm able to install a CM based ROM for my FP1! I use it as my backup phone and for the longest time it was the only phone that wasn't CM based.

Keep up the good work! I'll follow this post for any updates you may post.

Thanks again mate!
6th October 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #13  

11 posts
More
Time Clock
Thanks for this beautiful work chris,

What for me doesn't work is the the alarm clock when the devis is turned off.
I liked it when i can shut down my dev. and it wakes me up in the morning

But no as essential as the "(hw) video en/decoding"... short question:
Why does Youtube work, and other video-streaming programs per example "Twitch TV" not?
Has the Youtube Software decoding included and Twitch probably not?

Best regards
8th October 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 29

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_92

Thanks for this beautiful work chris,

What for me doesn't work is the the alarm clock when the devis is turned off.
I liked it when i can shut down my dev. and it wakes me up in the morning

But no as essential as the "(hw) video en/decoding"... short question:
Why does Youtube work, and other video-streaming programs per example "Twitch TV" not?
Has the Youtube Software decoding included and Twitch probably not?

Best regards

well android (cm11 as well) is not able to run the alarm clock when the device is turned off...is not a problem of this particular rom... however the stock rom of FP1 can turn on the phone at a certain hour, but maybe you already know it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dede525 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #15  

11 posts
More
Merge OS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede525

well android (cm11 as well) is not able to run the alarm clock when the device is turned off...is not a problem of this particular rom... however the stock rom of FP1 can turn on the phone at a certain hour, but maybe you already know it.

Yeah, I thougt that it will be something like that... Thanks
But the Sourcecode of de Stock ROM of Fairphone ( https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-...iple-versions- )
and from Cyanogenmod is available too on GitHub ( https://github.com/CyanogenMod )
Isn't it possible to put the code from Fairphone OS which refers to the Alarm-Clock-wake-up-mode into the CM-code?

When the Fairphone OS is installed, then it's possible, in cause of this it has to be a OS/Software-Problem...

I really don't understand many things from Android, sorry for that, but I'm working on it
Last edited by shooter_92; 16th October 2014 at 10:00 AM.
16th October 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
More
Question Any news on bluetooth functionality?
Is there any prospect of bluetooth working in with this ROM soon?

I know questions like this can be a pain in the ass for developers, so please don't get it wrong, but I'm eagerly waiting for Android 4.4 (especially CM) on the Fairphone for such a long time now. In combination with the Pebble Smartwatch, the notification system with Android >= 4.3 is so much better. But obviously, the smartwatch functionality relies on bluetooth.

Thanks, Tobi
22nd October 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
first, thanks again for your wonderful work!

then, I'd also need these gaps to be filled so that this could be a productive version:
- BT working
- the timing / auto-shutdown / auto-start function from FP OS
- Optimized Battery Life
- maybe a FP branding (I really like the startup screen, fonts and wallpaper from FP OS)

Is there still any involvement with the FP guys? Could they help out regarding the details or are they involved somehow? What can the community do to help?
28th October 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 29

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_92

Yeah, I thougt that it will be something like that... Thanks
But the Sourcecode of de Stock ROM of Fairphone ( https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-...iple-versions- )
and from Cyanogenmod is available too on GitHub ( https://github.com/CyanogenMod )
Isn't it possible to put the code from Fairphone OS which refers to the Alarm-Clock-wake-up-mode into the CM-code?

When the Fairphone OS is installed, then it's possible, in cause of this it has to be a OS/Software-Problem...

I really don't understand many things from Android, sorry for that, but I'm working on it

I'm not a developer and I don't know if what you are thinking is actually possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinz.z

Is there any prospect of bluetooth working in with this ROM soon?

I know questions like this can be a pain in the ass for developers, so please don't get it wrong, but I'm eagerly waiting for Android 4.4 (especially CM) on the Fairphone for such a long time now. In combination with the Pebble Smartwatch, the notification system with Android >= 4.3 is so much better. But obviously, the smartwatch functionality relies on bluetooth.

Thanks, Tobi

we all are wondering a total functionality of this rom, but pushing the developer is never a good thing. He is not paid for his work, is just volunteer work so if he has free time maybe he will do it, maybe not. Don't expect that everything will be done soon.. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by huedrant

first, thanks again for your wonderful work!

then, I'd also need these gaps to be filled so that this could be a productive version:
- BT working
- the timing / auto-shutdown / auto-start function from FP OS
- Optimized Battery Life
- maybe a FP branding (I really like the startup screen, fonts and wallpaper from FP OS)

Is there still any involvement with the FP guys? Could they help out regarding the details or are they involved somehow? What can the community do to help?

this comment seems to be a bit pretentious... keep calm, he make volunteer work, and have no relation with the FPs Soft Developer, also because the development section of FP is from an external company.. so keep calm and wait, if he will have free time to spend on it, maybe will continue to develop, maybe not, but don't push him
30th October 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 30

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede525

we all are wondering a total functionality of this rom, but pushing the developer is never a good thing. He is not paid for his work, is just volunteer work so if he has free time maybe he will do it, maybe not. Don't expect that everything will be done soon.. .

I would be interested if we could issue a bounty for @chrmhoffmann to get him working in the port again?
1st December 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 10

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredflegel

I would be interested if we could issue a bounty for @chrmhoffmann to get him working in the port again?

I think I would contribute to that

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread