[KERNEL]Despair Kernel R2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I have decided, after a long time, to come back and support this device a little bit.

For current features, it is basically AK kernel from OPO brought to Find 7. I will spend some time refining it to have my own work in it.

AK Thread: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/kernel-ak-t2832168
Downloads: http://renderserver.net/?dir=devs/DespairFactor/find7/kernels

Credits: CM, AK

XDA:DevDB Information
[KERNEL]Despair Kernel, Kernel for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
DespairFactor
Source Code: https://github.com/DespairFactor/find7

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-09-08
Last Updated 2015-09-26

BG64

Feb 25, 2011
Hey, this is awesome! I've been looking around for a kernel for this phone for a while now; I'm super happy to finally find one. I'll be trying this out asap!

Stunna903

Jul 31, 2010
Awesome work...

I can't speak for all the Find 7 owners, but this is a long time coming. I love this device and hate that nobody supports it. I've been looking forever for a kernel and none better than a OPO to bring this device alive. I actually just tried it and got a bootloop. I'm currently running MIUI V7 which is built on 4.4.4. Once again, thank you bro.

Reactions: spoonymoon

hulicow

Aug 24, 2013
This kernel is compatible on which rom? Thanks for bringing back custom kernel for find 7a.

brownboy2050

Feb 3, 2013
This doesn't work on any of the Kitkat builds. As said, it is only for the lollipop build. It works on CM and said by Suraj.das on SlimSaber. I'm not too sure about other ROMs.

Last edited:

StormTrooper89

Oct 23, 2012
Sarawak
Wow 100+ download but less than 10 thumbs up? Please give a proper credit and give feedback.

Anyone manage to tweak the kernel through any kernel editor app? I tried Synapse but the device is not yet supported so there is no setting available.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

This kernel is compatible on which rom? Thanks for bringing back custom kernel for find 7a.

CM base ROM. Also @suraj.das mention that it work in SlimSaber. So my guess AOSP base should work too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gborg3

BG64

Feb 25, 2011
Update! I'm running the latest CRDroid, and have so far been loving the kernel. Performance and battery life are spot on. However, the kernel apparently disabled the ability to play music from my sd card. This is the only bug I've seen.

Reactions: StormTrooper89

Abaddon

Mar 17, 2011
House Avernus
Samsung Galaxy A50
POCO M3
Update! I'm running the latest CRDroid, and have so far been loving the kernel. Performance and battery life are spot on. However, the kernel apparently disabled the ability to play music from my sd card. This is the only bug I've seen.

+1 to this. sometimes I cant play vids using chrome and some apps but maybe its just my connection. but the music playback is nae nae :p

edit: Hi @DespairFactor I attached the log taken by catlog

Last edited:

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I don't understand what you mean?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: spoonymoon

imcrazyz

Jan 29, 2015
Version Information

sooo .. you have to test it, if it's stable enough for you ;)

Alright gotcha. :)
As the bugs mentioned above bout the videos can't be played, I will wait till the stable version release whilst exodus rom with its optimized kernel is quite good at the moment.
Keep up the good works, devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts