[RECOVERY][find7] TWRP 3.0.0-0 touch recovery [2016-02-06]

1,674 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,352

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
6th October 2015, 12:56 PM |#41  
Flag Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 55

More
So i'm using the Find 7 with COS 2.1.4 Beta and i can't seem to flash any version of TWRP. From version 2.8.6.0 to 2.8.7.2, it just won't boot into TWRP recovery.

Any ideas?

Edit: Nvm....managed to get TWRP working
Last edited by Scann69; 6th October 2015 at 01:02 PM.

15th October 2015, 11:02 PM |#42  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 408

Donate to Me
More
Everyone, you need to flash the latest firmware for the new versions of TWRP to work. Download it from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...t/dl/?id=11984

Flash this in TWRP 2.8.5.0 (last one that works with older firmware) and then you can update to newer TWRP such as TWRP 2.8.7.2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amf66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th October 2015, 03:57 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf66

Everyone, you need to flash the latest firmware for the new versions of TWRP to work. Download it from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...t/dl/?id=11984

Flash this in TWRP 2.8.5.0 (last one that works with older firmware) and then you can update to newer TWRP such as TWRP 2.8.7.2.

Is that possible if the developer could include the firmware into the twrp 2.8.7.2? It'd make things easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to imcrazyz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2015, 03:30 AM |#44  
Flag Houston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcrazyz

Is that possible if the developer could include the firmware into the twrp 2.8.7.2? It'd make things easier.

Did my solution work for you?
The Following User Says Thank You to amf66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2015, 04:35 AM |#45  

More
Quote:

Did my solution work for you?

A big YES!
I wonder why the developers didn't add the compatibility of the cos 1.2.xi firmware with the twrp newer than 2.8.5.0.
So every time if I were to downgrade to ColorOS 1.2.xi I had to downgrade my twrp to 2.8.5.0 as well to avoid phone brick due to the incompatibility of flashing rom.
Afterwards only I flash the cos 2.0.8i firmware and proceed to twrp 2.8.7.2. That's way too troublesome.
I really hope every twrp version will suit cos 1.2.xi because for a rom flasher we need to downgrade to cos 1.2.xi most of the time.

What do you think?
2nd November 2015, 02:14 AM |#46  
Flag Houston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcrazyz

A big YES!
I wonder why the developers didn't add the compatibility of the cos 1.2.xi firmware with the twrp newer than 2.8.5.0.
So every time if I were to downgrade to ColorOS 1.2.xi I had to downgrade my twrp to 2.8.5.0 as well to avoid phone brick due to the incompatibility of flashing rom.
Afterwards only I flash the cos 2.0.8i firmware and proceed to twrp 2.8.7.2. That's way too troublesome.
I really hope every twrp version will suit cos 1.2.xi because for a rom flasher we need to downgrade to cos 1.2.xi most of the time.

What do you think?

I agree. I spent hours unbricking before I finally realized it was a firmware issue. Perhaps you should send a message to bigbiff who seems to maintain TWRP for the Find 7.
The Following User Says Thank You to amf66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2015, 07:55 AM |#47  

More
Quote:

I agree. I spent hours unbricking before I finally realized it was a firmware issue. Perhaps you should send a message to bigbiff who seems to maintain TWRP for the Find 7.

If the developers do listen to us then I would have requested. My suggestion was ignored back then, the developers told me twrp 2.8.5.0 works well to flash lollipop roms so no big deal...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)