Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

New lower prices Find 7 and Find 7a

12th March 2015, 06:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I've wanted this phone for the longest time.
So, last Friday I was expecting delivery of a Note 4. I had gotten a killer deal @ $599 flat I get an email, that morning, from oppostyle, telling me the phone is now available in the US at a savings of $250 off. I know he phone is now a little bit older, but it is the one I had really lusted after. I had watched pre-release and then afterwards, dismayed it hadn't been released for the US market. With the price drop the phone is very attractive.

Anyway, I ditched the Note 4 and the Spigen case I'd bought for it, at my full cost and have ordered the Oppo 7.
Can't wait to get it.

New prices $499 and $399.
12th March 2015, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Las Vegas

7 posts
More
The oppostyle website is where they're available.
18th March 2015, 10:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Did you get any notification regarding shipping? I just ordered mine today. I have a note 4 and I can't wait any longer for a root. It's never going to happen on the AT&T Note 4
19th March 2015, 12:05 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Las Vegas

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakill3r

Did you get any notification regarding shipping? I just ordered mine today. I have a note 4 and I can't wait any longer for a root. It's never going to happen on the AT&T Note 4

Yeah, I got notice yesterday. It came in today. I'm setting it up now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OppovsS3_90.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	3217762  
19th March 2015, 06:43 AM   |  #5  
Flag New York

11 posts
More
So you got it in less than a week? Also what provider are you setting it up for? Let me know how it goes with setup. Oh and congrats
19th March 2015, 07:32 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Las Vegas

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakill3r

So you got it in less than a week? Also what provider are you setting it up for? Let me know how it goes with setup. Oh and congrats

Yes, ordered it on the 12th, came in today, the 18th.

Well, things happened really quickly once they got moving. But very little notice in between.

I ordered Thursday, 3-12-2015, and I got a notice saying they'd received my payment and order, and that they'd post a tracking # once it was available.
But things kinda "went dark" til late Monday, or so. Then yesterday I get a text message, from DHL, saying delivery was anticipated for today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also, this late exchange of emails -
Mar 16, 16:58

Your Order #4xxxxxxxx (placed on 12 March 2015 09:11:40 CST)

Has my order shipped yet? It was placed last Thursday.

Scott

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Scott,
Great! 4xxxxxxxx is on the way to its destination on 17 March, 2015 00:14.

View Tracking Details: https://oppostyle.aftership.com/989934xxxx
Tracking Number: 989934xxxx
Detail Status: Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG
Latest Location: HONG KONG - HONG KONG
Courier: DHL Express
Courier Contact: 18002255345 (United States)

Please note that the expected delivery date is provided by the courier, and is subject to change. For any questions, please contact the courier directly.

Thank you very much!

OppoStyle
http://oppostyle.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Scott,
Great! 4xxxxxxxx is out for delivery on 18 March, 2015 10:41.

View Tracking Details: https://oppostyle.aftership.com/989934xxxx
Tracking Number: 989934xxxx
Detail Status: With delivery courier
Latest Location: LAS VEGAS,NV - USA
Courier: DHL Express
Courier Contact: 18002255345 (United States)

Please note that the expected delivery date is provided by the courier, and is subject to change. For any questions, please contact the courier directly.

Thank you very much!

OppoStyle
http://oppostyle.com

************************************************** ************************************************** **

I'm setting it up for T-Mobile. Slapped the SIM from my Galaxy S3 and my 64gig mSDXC in there, put it in the case, put the battery in and voila.
The case that comes with it replaces the back cover ( put it away in a nice safe place you'll remember ). The phone walks you right through setup. Then just log into your Google account. Easy. Once I was setup, the phone let me know that there was an update available for the ColorOS and I went ahead and did that.

Oppo does a hell of a job packaging the phone. Very meticulous.
Going to be getting a different case than what comes with it, though. The flip style deal doesn't work real well for me, as the phone has to stay in my pants pockets. Still it is kind of cool. The installed screen protector is well fit, to the phone (kind of), but is of low quality. They include a different screen protector in it's own packaging and I'll be putting that on tomorrow. However, I'll be ordering a tempered glass one along with the different case, shortly.
Slim pickings for that, as they don't have the market saturation that iphones and Samsung devices do; so there is not as much monetary incentive to put a lot of 3rd party stuff out there. The choice of cases available is very limited.

Hope that helps.

-Scott
19th March 2015, 02:28 PM   |  #7  
Flag New York

11 posts
More
Great, Thanks for all of that. I actually checked back on their website and its marked as shipped. even though I didn't get an email regarding that yet. I have also ordered a tempered glass from amazon. My main goal is to get my Wifi Tether going on this phone. As I couldn't do that on my Note 4 because of no root options and to use Titanium Backup again. Enjoy your phone bro and thanks again.

-rakill3r

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread