Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] So....Lollipop on Find 7a?

OP ShiftyPowers

16th November 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
So just curious. Are any devs working on or thinking of working on a port of Lollipop for the Find 7a? Haven't seen any hints of it in all my searching

Thanks!
17th November 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

134 posts
It's on the way.
You can be sure, that at least omni and cm team are working on it.
Omni already confirmed that.
I think you will have to wait around 3-4 weeks.

Sent from my FIND7 using XDA Free mobile app
17th November 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Sweet.
17th November 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #4  

3 posts
Really sad theres no news of official lollipop yet
Its really sad to see that oppo has such a good phone but the software development is far behind every one here. Flagships like s5 or htc one m8 are already on their way of getting official lollipop while these guys are still stuck with 4.4.4 betas.
17th November 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
More
Dirty unicorns are too I'm pretty sure.

And while Oppo isn't the quickest with their own software, they are the only manufacturer actively encouraging custom ROMs, actually helping us with rooting and lend a helping hand when accidentally bricking our phones instead like others that either don't care at all (best case) or laughingly flip us the bird and telling us the warranty is now void forever.

That's worth more to me. (and residing in Sweden usually means waiting months longer for updates than the rest of the world)

Custom ROMs have always been more fun than stock anyway. Android shouldn't be about being the best device out of the box, it should be like LEGOs, turning it into whatever you want it to be. Making it the best device for YOU

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to systemfel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 16

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemfel

Dirty unicorns are too I'm pretty sure.

And while Oppo isn't the quickest with their own software, they are the only manufacturer actively encouraging custom ROMs, actually helping us with rooting and lend a helping hand when accidentally bricking our phones instead like others that either don't care at all (best case) or laughingly flip us the bird and telling us the warranty is now void forever.

That's worth more to me. (and residing in Sweden usually means waiting months longer for updates than the rest of the world)

Custom ROMs have always been more fun than stock anyway. Android shouldn't be about being the best device out of the box, it should be like LEGOs, turning it into whatever you want it to be. Making it the best device for YOU

THIS!!
With all the hate in the Oppo forums, I honestly feel bad for Oppo. They encourage different ROM usage, and this is how they get treated? Ugh. I support Oppo with their different stance on Android!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BG64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,801

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG64

THIS!!
With all the hate in the Oppo forums, I honestly feel bad for Oppo. They encourage different ROM usage, and this is how they get treated? Ugh. I support Oppo with their different stance on Android!

Yeah, and they ARE trying to improve their process for stock firmwares too. The problem is - they're obviously understaffed and having trouble hiring people with experience to fix this. (Since they have no physical presence in the West, and that makes it hard to hire Western developers as many aren't willing to relocate.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
From my end, I'm just happy it's being worked on. I have nothing but good things at this point to say about OPPO. Cool company.
18th November 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Yeah, and they ARE trying to improve their process for stock firmwares too. The problem is - they're obviously understaffed and having trouble hiring people with experience to fix this. (Since they have no physical presence in the West, and that makes it hard to hire Western developers as many aren't willing to relocate.)

Very true, and they are the first Chinese smartphone manufacturer to really make a break for the international market. I'm sure there is quite a bit of hurdles that needs to be dealt with along the way.

In this day and age though, it would be fairly easy to arrange for some type of remote consulting work not requiring relocation.
I could think of a few developers on the spot that would be a tremendous gain for Oppo... *looking hintingly on Entropy512*

18th November 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #10  

3 posts
lollipop rom for find 7/7a...anyone?
hello guys,
just wanna share this info,
just found this "a Lollipop rom for our beloved find 7/7a", is it for REAL ? wow

link : ht*ps://***.tinhte.vn/threads/moi-tai-ve-android-5-0-lollipop-cm12-cho-oppo-find-7-7a.2390065/

does anyone tried it yet ?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyPowers

So just curious. Are any devs working on or thinking of working on a port of Lollipop for the Find 7a? Haven't seen any hints of it in all my searching

Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread