Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 42,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you recieved your Oppo Find 7 - share first impressions here

Tip us?

marianoitalianoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Angry If you recieved your Oppo Find 7 - share first impressions here

Hi

For the receivers of the very fist batch that should be arriving to your door step please share your first impressions / photos / videos

I pre ordered the second batch, to be dispatched around may 16th.

P

Stefanos infinity
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've got the phone since Friday now (3rd day) and it's a great phone.

+ Recharge, overall quality, screen, feel in the hand, amazing speakers.

- Fast drain on batery, yellow tint on the bottom of the screen (as many others)

pics: click here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stefanos infinity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anwedr
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Phone quality is great
Speakers are loud and crisp
Fast charge is an added bonus.
Camera shutter is instant.
No yellow tint

Buggy OS:
-Sometimes ColorOS reverts my changed settings.
-Phone mutes all notification sounds after a restart.
Dead pixel on far right, the dead pixel is so darn small it's not even noticeable unless you thoroughly search for a dead pixel.

Find 7a Stock ColorOS rooted
Nexus 4 Stock 4.4.4 Franco kernel
Nexus 7 2013 Stock 4.4.4 Franco kernel

marianoitalianoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
have you guys tried Beta 2.0 of color OS ?

Stefanos infinity
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianoitalianoo View Post
have you guys tried Beta 2.0 of color OS ?
Yes, i'm running 2.0 from the start.

marianoitalianoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarckent View Post
I

yellow tint on the bottom of the screen (as many others)

have you contacted oppostyle for the replacement of the phone due to this yellow tint ?

Stefanos infinity
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianoitalianoo View Post
have you contacted oppostyle for the replacement of the phone due to this yellow tint ?
No i have not. It's not much, but it is there...

boogie2001
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I got mine on Friday ( 2nd). So far I really like the phone. Same as others have said....

Pros:
Fast charging times
speakers sound quality are really quite good ( this was a bonus for me)
very responsive
lots of theme options
feels like a large Nexus 5 to me.

Cons:
Color OS takes some getting used to
viewing angles are a little washed out ( not as good as my M8 or note 3)
idle time on battery needs some tweaking

Overall I am glad I purchased the 7a.

MrColdbird
Old
Thanks Meter 317
The os is pretty much in an early alpha state and requires a few more updates to actually be fully usable.

Some features suck battery like it's cotton candy, but the superb sound and awesome screen make up for it.

If you wish to make it through a day on one charge then turn everything you don't need off and change the lock screen because the normal lock screen is glitched and drains your battery on standby.

Overall it's a great device with a not so great operating system.

But people like entropy are already working on the first custom ROMs so that should be handled soon.

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk

Chevyguy85
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Received mine last Monday, started playing with it Tuesday, got a sim for it Wednesday.

I'll preface this by stating I'm coming from a 3 year old HTC Inspire 4g so if somethings seem "wrong" well it's light years difference between the Inspire and this Oppo Find 7a

My first suggestion would be to put the 2.0 beta on it, been running it since yesterday and so far I think it "feels" more stable than the 1.2.x that comes with the phone. Most importantly I haven't had a single SD issue since updating to 2.0b.

Sound/speakers are amazing. Granted I'm no audiophile but considering my other 2 devices, HTC Inspire 4g and HP Touchpad, this sounds night and day better than both.

Speed is blazing, again though I am coming from a 3 year old phone (single core).

Battery life is great for me even from the start. Even w/o comparing it to the abysmal life of my previous device I'd still consider this good.

No yellow tint for me so can't comment on that

The phone is light as heck and the size is great. I thought I'd have problems since I have such small hands but none to speak of.

Downside is no custom rom yet and as I'm used to CM the features and nomenclature are different and a bit annoying having to think about doing something where as I'm used to being able to just do it.

An annoying thing is the flip case that came with the preorder turns the screen on/off which seems like a great idea, it's just implemented wrong. When I put my phone in the cubby hole in my truck the screen turning on and off is distracting. I've read others are discovering it's turning on and off in their pockets too.

No LTE for me until I "backdoor" it since AT&T doesn't recognize this device. I registered it and got a new sim twice and my account still shows that I'm on my Inspire 4g. Granted I don't use a lot of data so not really a priority, but still would be nice to have it even if I don't use it all that much. Then again with the speed and battery life of this phone that might change.