FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

So is this a good phone out of the box?

6th April 2015, 11:36 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So I am just an average user who won't be doing any mods to the phone. Is it a good phone out of the box? It seems that everyone wants to change things on this phone? Just curious.

9th April 2015, 04:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgetter1963

So I am just an average user who won't be doing any mods to the phone. Is it a good phone out of the box? It seems that everyone wants to change things on this phone? Just curious.

Honestly, I've never been 100% ever satisfied on any of my phones (and I've certainly had my share of flagships) but this is easily the closest I've gotten to perfection. While not a fan of ColorOS's permission system and their original partitioning system, they've worked on fixing each of those, and have been reaching out recently and actually changing things people wanted from them in the first place.
Personally, I'd still get unified storage and a ROM that supports it (and then flash CameraNextMod for premium picture taking and MaxxAudio for music) but that's just me. Using all these ROMs and mods, I've found this to be a phone I think I'll definitely keep for two years (a bit of a feat for me tbh). You've obviously done some research into the phone, so you kind of know what you're getting into, and it's definitely one of the best phones you can get for its price.

However, I'd still wait for a bit. LG still has to release it's full phone, and OnePlus (if you're looking for a cheaper option) is just about to release their second phone. Also, Samsung has really stepped up its camera game, so if that's important I'd REALLY look into that one. All the shots that reviewers are throwing on the internet blow my mind away. The new Moto still hasn't come out yet too, so if you can wait a bit I'd wait for that too. If you're still interested after all the big players have released their new stuff, I'd say go for it. I've had a pretty good time owning this phone, and people are still complimenting its looks even now.
The Following User Says Thank You to BG64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2015, 06:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great thanks for the input, still trying to decide between the 7a and the R5. Everyone slams the R5 for the lack of headphone jack and small battery and the lack of storage but in my view who cares about the damn headphone jack (like please get a life) what you can't plug the usb dongle in?, the battery? well it comes with a power pack and it's VOCC so what you can't wait for an hour or whatever to charge your phone? Storage? Well maybe you should download your data? Sometimes i think people like to bitch because they have nothing better to do.
11th April 2015, 02:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgetter1963

Great thanks for the input, still trying to decide between the 7a and the R5. Everyone slams the R5 for the lack of headphone jack and small battery and the lack of storage but in my view who cares about the damn headphone jack (like please get a life) what you can't plug the usb dongle in?, the battery? well it comes with a power pack and it's VOCC so what you can't wait for an hour or whatever to charge your phone? Storage? Well maybe you should download your data? Sometimes i think people like to bitch because they have nothing better to do.

Actually, I have to agree with some of those points. Being a huge music lover, I have some pretty premium headphones that I like using, but if I were to get something without the standard headphone jack, I'd have no use for all my headphones except on my computer, where I already have a gaming headset. Also, I don't have a data plan, and thus downloading my stuff when I'm out and about (the most common time for me to use my phone instead of my computer) is impossible. Thus, I have to a pretty decent amount of storage so I can keep all my music and other important files on hand for when I need them.

However, the best part about having options is that none of these complaints may have anything to do with you. If you don't mind using the proprietary headphone jack and have the ability to download files as you need them, then both phones should work equally well. Just do your research and pick the one that's best for you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread