Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

tip: double tap to unlock screen

Tip us?

OverCloudz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default tip: double tap to unlock screen

Hi guys, when i bought my oppo find 7a 1 month ago, i was searching for some tips and tricks on youtube and found out that you basically never have to touch the power button to lock or unlock the phone. Just double tap anywhere on the screen to unlock and double tap the home button to lock. This simple tip makes it so easy and quick to lock/unlock faster (really helpfull since it's a big phone).

Maybe you will find it weird, but it makes me love the phone so much more just because of that. I don't know if other phones does that? I am so used to this tip now that i always double tap as a reflex when i use my friend's phone from other brands and then realise that it doesn't work.

If you didn't know this trick, maybe it will feel weird for a some times to develop this reflex of double taping, but try it and you'll love it after some time.
The Following User Says Thank You to OverCloudz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AngryHapposai
Old
(Last edited by AngryHapposai; 4th July 2014 at 11:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 56
I guess that nobody reads instructions manuals anymore...

Sent from my Find7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oppo Find 7a Midnight (X9006)
Daily Driver: CyanogenMod Nightly 06/09/2014
Test Drive: OmniROM 4.4.4 Beta build 18/08/2014
The Following User Says Thank You to AngryHapposai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tornado6
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryHapposai View Post
I guess that nobody reads instruction manuals anymore.

Sent from my Find7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah...i thought that feature is a well known thing for the Find 7

FareedYusoff
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado6 View Post
Yeah...i thought that feature is a well known thing for the Find 7
His first time. Let him enjoy it.

OverCloudz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
wanted to help those who didn't hear about this feature

Of course most of us already knew but hey, maybe ill make someone happy.
The Following User Says Thank You to OverCloudz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uppon2
Old
(Last edited by uppon2; 4th July 2014 at 10:10 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverCloudz View Post
Hi guys, when i bought my oppo find 7a 1 month ago, i was searching for some tips and tricks on youtube and found out that you basically never have to touch the power button to lock or unlock the phone. Just double tap anywhere on the screen to unlock and double tap the home button to lock. This simple tip makes it so easy and quick to lock/unlock faster (really helpfull since it's a big phone).

Maybe you will find it weird, but it makes me love the phone so much more just because of that. I don't know if other phones does that? I am so used to this tip now that i always double tap as a reflex when i use my friend's phone from other brands and then realise that it doesn't work.

If you didn't know this trick, maybe it will feel weird for a some times to develop this reflex of double taping, but try it and you'll love it after some time.
Welcome to the forum. Did you also know that drawing a circle on the screen while the screen is off will launch the camera, drawing the letter 'v' will toggle the flashlight on/off

By going in to settings then about phone and tapping on android version 5 times in a row will bring up a cool secret easter egg from Google
The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle