Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Unified Storage is Officially Coming

OP farenteria

25th August 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84

218 posts
More
http://www.oppoforums.com/index.php?threads/20094/

I'm quite excited for this, even though Oppo is still lagging with Jelly Bean
The Following User Says Thank You to farenteria For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #2  
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 40

283 posts
Since it is uncertain when Color OS 2.0 stable will be finalized, I may jump on the beta wagon and try it out.
I am running out of storage space for my apps and I only have 1 game installed.
26th August 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84

218 posts
More
Yeah, it's a shame to have powerful hardware, but not really be able to use it much due to the storage limitation
20th October 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anwedr

Since it is uncertain when Color OS 2.0 stable will be finalized, I may jump on the beta wagon and try it out.
I am running out of storage space for my apps and I only have 1 game installed.

But u could just move your apps and games to the 22gb phone storage partion?
I did this and have 2 pages worth of games in a folder including mc5, mc4, nfs most wanted, gangstar vegas, asphalt 8, nova 3 and dead trigger 1 & 2. I've even got offline gps maps and lots of arcade games in the games folder
20th October 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2,377

2,112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie97

But u could just move your apps and games to the 22gb phone storage partion?
I did this and have 2 pages worth of games in a folder including mc5, mc4, nfs most wanted, gangstar vegas, asphalt 8, nova 3 and dead trigger 1 & 2. I've even got offline gps maps and lots of arcade games in the games folder

The color OS 2.0.2i beta only Supports Unified Storage, you will still have to use coolbird's partition tool to actually get it.
Read it here.
Last edited by ganeshbiyer; 20th October 2014 at 09:53 AM.
20th October 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I was just talking about stable color os in general. I didn't realise you needed unified storage to get it. But i have been using stable jelly bean and you could move apps to phone storage as a default action. And it it's urge sane for the new kitkat update that they just brought out via manual update so i dont know why you'd want an unstable jelly bean color os Rom? The kitkat update brings alot of improvements overall as well. Although the launcher no longer comes with an app drawer. This didn't bother me as i use nova Anyway
20th October 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2,377

2,112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie97

I was just talking about stable color os in general. I didn't realise you needed unified storage to get it. But i have been using stable jelly bean and you could move apps to phone storage as a default action. And it it's urge sane for the new kitkat update that they just brought out via manual update so i dont know why you'd want an unstable jelly bean color os Rom? The kitkat update brings alot of improvements overall as well. Although the launcher no longer comes with an app drawer. This didn't bother me as i use nova Anyway

Same for me too. I am happy with the way it is now, so long as updates and improvement keep coming. I am happy with the current launcher too.
Yesterday, 08:26 AM   |  #8  
Flag Szeged
Thanks Meter: 4

39 posts
More
The next COS beta will include the LVM method for unified storage
Not only the space is the issue, but that the play store is kinda buggy with this app partition way of things and it is frequently saying that you have insufficient storage available, even if you do have multiple times the space the app would need
Me too wanna use the unified on my find7, it would be a lot more easier to handle

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread