Flashing PA Gapps Stock w/working cam

Search This thread

parkervcp

Jan 26, 2013
Salisbury
So after some tinkering and a days worth of mucking about in the pa_gapps_stock packages I have found a way to get the package to flash and not wipe the camera out.

Being a Convert from a LG OG and a HTC One (M7) (google edition convert) I like to use the stock apps from Google. I hate having 2 different apps for everything as well.

As with almost everyone else the PA Gapps are really the way to go.
Credit to those guys.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Get the stock gapps zip from them.
jXT1ORu.png

Open with you favorite falvor (WinRAR, 7ZIP, etc) We aren't extracting it.
7NkplxV.png

go into the optional folder
SaR2iQZ.png

Go to camera,,, and delete it.
CWMLqRs.png

Optional (not tested may work)
This will keep it from wiping out your camera but it does remove the camera app. I installed GoogleCamera from the play store and it replaced it and works just fine. Optionally you can go into the camera folder and try removing just the addons.d and lib folders.
aUA9ieM.png

Reactions: chewbyte

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Why use the stock apps? Use modular, you won't have problems, and with one exception (a package name conflict for Google Camera which I'm working on fixing in omni), you can just install the "stock" packages from the Play Store.

parkervcp

Jan 26, 2013
Salisbury
Why use the stock apps? Use modular, you won't have problems, and with one exception (a package name conflict for Google Camera which I'm working on fixing in omni), you can just install the "stock" packages from the Play Store.

I namely wanted to minimize clutter. When I flash any other package I get 2 sms apps. 2 Calendars, etc.

Also the system partition is small enough with one set there.

Sent from my Find7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

sebZ128

Jun 6, 2014
I noticed that the cam on PA isn't that good, pictures are getting shaky very fast and it has some kind of delay when moving the camera. I surely missed the stock cam from Oppo until I tried the system camera from the OneplusOne, which runs very smooth and has some nice features. Almost as good as the original Oppo one.
Just give it a try...

chewbyte

Jul 3, 2014
chewbyte.com
I noticed that the cam on PA isn't that good, pictures are getting shaky very fast and it has some kind of delay when moving the camera. I surely missed the stock cam from Oppo until I tried the system camera from the OneplusOne, which runs very smooth and has some nice features. Almost as good as the original Oppo one.
Just give it a try...

Could you provide a link?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So after some tinkering and a days worth of mucking about in the pa_gapps_stock packages I have found a way to get the package to flash and not wipe the camera out.

Being a Convert from a LG OG and a HTC One (M7) (google edition convert) I like to use the stock apps from Google. I hate having 2 different apps for everything as well.

As with almost everyone else the PA Gapps are really the way to go.
    Credit to those guys.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Get the stock gapps zip from them.
    jXT1ORu.png

Open with you favorite falvor (WinRAR, 7ZIP, etc) We aren't extracting it.
    7NkplxV.png

go into the optional folder
    SaR2iQZ.png

Go to camera,,, and delete it.
    CWMLqRs.png

Optional (not tested may work)
    This will keep it from wiping out your camera but it does remove the camera app. I installed GoogleCamera from the play store and it replaced it and works just fine. Optionally you can go into the camera folder and try removing just the addons.d and lib folders.
    aUA9ieM.png