Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 49,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hardware buttons not working?

Tip us?

octonaut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Hardware buttons not working?

My hardware buttons on the bottom, back home and menu have quit working. I have a hairline crack on the bottom right, but has been working fine with it on there. I flashed the AOSB rom but, i wouldn't think it has anything to do with it not working?
my question, and I believe I know the answer, would flashing back to stock in any way work to fix this problem?

tferrari
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by octonaut View Post
My hardware buttons on the bottom, back home and menu have quit working. I have a hairline crack on the bottom right, but has been working fine with it on there. I flashed the AOSB rom but, i wouldn't think it has anything to do with it not working?
my question, and I believe I know the answer, would flashing back to stock in any way work to fix this problem?
It sounds like it is mechanically broken to me. Can't say for sure, but when a symptom like that appears after mechanical damage, there is a significant possibility that the two are related.

octonaut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tferrari View Post
It sounds like it is mechanically broken to me. Can't say for sure, but when a symptom like that appears after mechanical damage, there is a significant possibility that the two are related.
what I dont understand, is the buttons worked after it cracked?

So what would change?

binaryfalcon
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by octonaut View Post
what I dont understand, is the buttons worked after it cracked?

So what would change?
It's entirely possible that the malfunction happened some time after the ''crack''. (Due to using the device while it is damaged) If you haven't already, you can try going back to stock rom. If the buttons still don't respond, it's unfortunately an hardware issue.