FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

For Find 7(a) users, please upload the camera app

6,994 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,345
 
By vegetaleb, Senior Member on 6th May 2014, 03:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello!
Congrats for all Oppo Find 7 new users!
Please can you get the stock camera app from the phone and upload it?
 
 
6th May 2014, 03:49 PM |#2  
jimmz58's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Johor Bahru, Johor
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
I have pre-ordered my Find 7a and will only get the device on 9 May 2014. Hope to upload then.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmz58 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 03:53 PM |#3  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,358
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

Hello!
Congrats for all Oppo Find 7 new users!
Please can you get the stock camera app from the phone and upload it?

Why? It's pretty "meh". Oh and as far as I can tell the 50MP supersampling tricks are done in the ISP or the camera HAL, not the app.
6th May 2014, 05:49 PM |#4  
theevilworm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
I agree with Entropy that the design of OPPO's camera app is meh. Nevertheless, here's the app pulled from /system/app.
Attached Files
File Type: apk OppoCamera[1].apk - [Click for QR Code] (11.66 MB, 1421 views)
7th May 2014, 07:22 AM |#5  
vegetaleb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 1,345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilworm

I agree with Entropy that the design of OPPO's camera app is meh. Nevertheless, here's the app pulled from /system/app.

Thanks!
I will see if the upscaling thingy will work on the M8
7th May 2014, 10:38 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I don't care much for the camera but it would be awesome if the MAXX audio can get ported into custom roms!
7th May 2014, 05:59 PM |#7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,358
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

Thanks!
I will see if the upscaling thingy will work on the M8

As I said in my post, I'm about 90% certain that's done in the camera HAL/ISP, not the app.
7th May 2014, 07:39 PM |#8  
vegetaleb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 1,345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

As I said in my post, I'm about 90% certain that's done in the camera HAL/ISP, not the app.

The app won't start even with MIUI launcher and if I put it in the system/app folder.
Looks like it needs some libs
18th July 2014, 02:22 PM |#9  
JayCapo1-8125's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

The app won't start even with MIUI launcher and if I put it in the system/app folder.
Looks like it needs some libs

I tried installing, and it said [ "Parse Error" There was a problem parsing the package ]. Bummer - Thanks though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes