sepolicy
supersu
sys
system
tmp
ueventd.qcom.rc
ueventd.rc
TWRP image comes from TWRP site and was flashed manually with flashboot
md5 checksum match (as you can see in attached pic)

Do you think it's safe to flash back your old lvm aware recovery, remove lvm and flash your old lvmsetup ?
Atm my phone is walking on 3 legs, but it's still better than being bricked

OK, something is REALLY weird there. At first glance (I need to double check some things tonight) your config there appears not to be an LVM-aware recovery... But I've personally tried 2.8.0.1 and I'm positive it was LVM-aware.

find7 never received 2.8.1.0 for some reason, I'm going to talk to Dees about doing a release. That should fix a few things, I also need to make an update to TWRP to prep for 5.0
26th November 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #82  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,809

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK, I'm REALLY confused now.

The md5sum of what you're flashing matches what I'm flashing.

HOWEVER:

What you are actually running is clearly different than what I have on my device. All of the LVM support scripts, etc. are missing from your recovery ramdisk. They're present in mine, even though supposedly we flashed the exact same thing.

Have you ever had KitKat ColorOS flashed on your device? It seems like the light bootloader locking Oppo applied has done some WEIRD things with respect to recovery flashing on some people's devices.
26th November 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #83  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 311

546 posts
More
[Wrong thread]
I'm not sure how this lvm implementation works ...
If I wipe /data in a twrp lvm compliant recovery, what will happen? It will wipe only /data stuff in lvm pool or the whole "partition" (including internal sdcard)?

Enjoy!

EDIT : I want to make a "factory reset" but without erasing my personnal datas (photos etc.).
[/Wrong_thread]
Last edited by Wendigogo; 26th November 2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Posted in Q&A thread. Please remove me.
26th November 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 3

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Have you ever had KitKat ColorOS flashed on your device?
It seems like the light bootloader locking Oppo applied has done some WEIRD things with respect to recovery flashing on some people's devices.

Nope
Find7a came with COS 1.20i
As I was enjoying Mokee on myXiaomi MI2S, I flashed that Rom on the 7a too.
Unfortunatly, as with many CM based rom, I had a black flickering horizontal bar glitch.
So I went with TeamEOS for a long time till I tried Dirty Unicorns.
Then LVM
At first I was unabled to use LVM because I was using the logical TWRP for Find7a, not knowing this was a dead branch shoud have been cut long ago.
You helped me get the proper TWRP, and after reading your post about TWRP flash tools, I decided it was best to follow your advice and flash recorvery manually.

Could there be some leftovers of the 7a TWRP ?

Thank you for your time

PS: Maybe I should buy you a box of Aspro instead of a pack of beer
5th December 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #85  
Flag Owego, NY

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theradec

Nope
Find7a came with COS 1.20i
As I was enjoying Mokee on myXiaomi MI2S, I flashed that Rom on the 7a too.
Unfortunatly, as with many CM based rom, I had a black flickering horizontal bar glitch.
So I went with TeamEOS for a long time till I tried Dirty Unicorns.
Then LVM
At first I was unabled to use LVM because I was using the logical TWRP for Find7a, not knowing this was a dead branch shoud have been cut long ago.
You helped me get the proper TWRP, and after reading your post about TWRP flash tools, I decided it was best to follow your advice and flash recorvery manually.

Could there be some leftovers of the 7a TWRP ?

Thank you for your time

PS: Maybe I should buy you a box of Aspro instead of a pack of beer

I'm going to tlak to Dees_Troy about doing a TWRP 2.8.1.0 release this weekend, that should solve many of these issues once and for all.

On an unrelated note, some linkdumps for future reference regarding questions people have had about performance of LVM:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questi...ct-performance
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...a_15_lvm&num=2 (need to look into the barrier writes thing here, I don't believe we are doing anything different with LVM in this regard on find7, unlike Fedora)
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~toaster/lvm-testing/ - No noticeable performance degradation unless using a VERY screwy (as in unrealistic and no sane person would use it in a production environment) setup, and even then, negligible impact
http://serverfault.com/questions/209...mance-overhead - far less info here other than "snapshot is bad for performance" - we don't use snapshot
http://www.hasenstein.com/lvm_whitepaper.pdf - No measurable performance impact on page 9
http://blog.andrew.net.au/2006/08/09 - LVM impact less than measurement variation
Last edited by Entropy512; 5th December 2014 at 06:35 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 4,748

4,540 posts
Donate to Me
@Entropy512 we also need to test encryption with lvm now that it works on split layout
5th December 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 35

150 posts
@Entropy512
You guys did a great job. From what I understand if you implement dm-req-crypt then Omni will support encryption on Quallcomm devices without performance issues like on nexus?
8th December 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #88  
Flag Owego, NY

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwen

@Entropy512 we also need to test encryption with lvm now that it works on split layout

Yup... hopefully later this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton87

@Entropy512
You guys did a great job. From what I understand if you implement dm-req-crypt then Omni will support encryption on Quallcomm devices without performance issues like on nexus?

Yeah, although it could lead to some interesting challenges. dm-req-crypt devices won't be compatible with dm-crypt (AOSP encryption) devices, and honestly - TWRP probably needs support for it. (However it's probably the "answer" to TWRP supporting HTC device encryption, among other devices.) dm-req-crypt is mostly offtopic though.
19th December 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #89  
Flag Owego, NY

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm waaay overdue for a documentation update and code cleanups now...

Just putting this here for future reference in my documentation update (Coldbird's solution HAS hardbricked devices) - http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/tu...80#post-307948

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread