FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[REF] LVM Partition Remapping

13,888 posts
Thanks Meter: 25,326

By Entropy512, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd September 2014, 01:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th January 2015, 10:07 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

I've confirmed 2.8.0.1 and 2.8.3.0 work

2.8.4.0 SHOULD work, I'll try it out this weekend to figure out why.

Hey entropy, can you confirm that 2.8.4.0 is working as well? (;
Last edited by znarf2369; 26th January 2015 at 07:51 PM.

30th January 2015, 12:31 AM |#122  
Recognized Developer
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 6,071

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwen

It will not work with selinux enforced unless you add a few other changes
This is wip

https://gerrit.omnirom.org/11178
https://gerrit.omnirom.org/11277

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayysir

thanks however, even with making selinux permissive and adding seliux permissions. Still can not get device to boot

wondering if my implementation is wrong somehow

last_kmesg:

Code:
[    8.008765] SELinux: Could not set context for /cache:  Read-only file system
[    8.009439] SELinux: Could not set context for /data:  Read-only file system
[    8.019378] SELinux: Could not set context for /data:  Read-only file system
[    8.019660] SELinux: Could not set context for /data/lvm:  Read-only file system
[    8.019809] SELinux: Could not set context for /data/lvm/backup:  Read-only file system
[    8.019951] SELinux: Could not set context for /data/lvm/backup/lvpool:  Read-only file system
[    8.020030] SELinux: Could not set context for /data/lvm/archive:  Read-only file system
[    8.020179] SELinux: Could not set context for /data/lvm/archive/lvpool_00000-926546556.vg:  Read-only file system
[    8.020285] SELinux: Could not set context for /data/lvm/lock:  Read-only file system
[    8.021577] SELinux:  Could not stat /data/misc/sensors: No such file or directory.

Take a look here now i leaved a comment with a commit https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/11277/
20th March 2015, 11:15 PM |#123  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've been using LVM with Omni for months, first with 4.4 and since some weeks with 5.0.2 test builds. Today I've tried to test 5.1 and now I'm unable to configure LVM. After install 5.1 test build I can't get phone signal; wifi was ok, but phone doesn't. So I ask for clues and @maxwen answered me that I was using wrong firmware/modem. I tried to install the right one and due to a terrible mistake I flashed a wrong modem, bricking my phone. Impossible to boot in system or recovery, only in fastboot. Using the unbrick tool I've been able to restore my phone, but now I can't configure LVM. I've tried with several TWRP versions downloaded from official TWRP site and the twrp_find7_lvm_09012014.img provided in the LVM post, but I can see several messages saying "Unable to mount 'Internal_sd'" and then "Failed".
Is there something I can do?
Thanks for your help.
21st March 2015, 10:07 PM |#124  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier.pc

I've been using LVM with Omni for months, first with 4.4 and since some weeks with 5.0.2 test builds. Today I've tried to test 5.1 and now I'm unable to configure LVM. After install 5.1 test build I can't get phone signal; wifi was ok, but phone doesn't. So I ask for clues and @maxwen answered me that I was using wrong firmware/modem. I tried to install the right one and due to a terrible mistake I flashed a wrong modem, bricking my phone. Impossible to boot in system or recovery, only in fastboot. Using the unbrick tool I've been able to restore my phone, but now I can't configure LVM. I've tried with several TWRP versions downloaded from official TWRP site and the twrp_find7_lvm_09012014.img provided in the LVM post, but I can see several messages saying "Unable to mount 'Internal_sd'" and then "Failed".
Is there something I can do?
Thanks for your help.

Solved; I needed to format internal SD partition.
Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to javier.pc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2015, 06:49 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Been looking at the thread on Oppo forums for the Chinese lollipop version. Looks like the bricks are beginning to pile up. Why did Oppo decide to go this silly route for their Chinese ROM?
13th May 2015, 04:29 PM |#126  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,326

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishd

Been looking at the thread on Oppo forums for the Chinese lollipop version. Looks like the bricks are beginning to pile up. Why did Oppo decide to go this silly route for their Chinese ROM?

There's a lot of evidence that the international and domestic teams don't communicate as often as they should (seems like it's the fault of the domestic teams) - While usually, the international team "follows" the domestic team, in the case of partitioning experiments, the international team is WAY ahead.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread