Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SuperSU on Find 7a

Tip us?

tantrums
Old
(Last edited by tantrums; 20th August 2014 at 03:49 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,052

DONATE TO ME
Default SuperSU on Find 7a

Hi all,

In my recent testing on superSU app and binary. I was able to test versions of SuperSU and found out that:

1. from version 1.51 till latest (2.04 beta). SuperSU binary has an issue on detecting sd card mounting (internal and external) on our device. This caused Titatium backup and other root apps that access sd cards to fail.

2. Using SuperSU version 1.42 to 1.45 do not have the issue above. SuperSU app and binary was fully working.

I also reported this to SuperSU thread of Chainfire. Here

Hope this gets resolved soon.

Note: The official SuperSU version 1.45. You can flash this to resolve Titanium backup not working issue. REMEMBER to not let play store update the superSU app to the latest version until the issue is resolved by Chainfire.

Zoltan-X
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The bug is in the installation script! It uses(tries to use) busybox in /bin, but there it isn't! So that's why it fails to work properly. Fixing this by changing the the path of busybox fixes all issues with SuperSU!

Cheers

lesscro
Old
Thanks Meter 1,744

DONATE TO ME
Nice investigations.... hope to see Chainfire make a job to found what's the matter...

cheers

Zoltan-X
Old
Thanks Meter 3
If he isn't fixing this behavior, I've a bug fixed version for find 7 and maybe I'll publish it as for find 7 only here.

tantrums
Old
Thanks Meter 2,052

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltan-X View Post
The bug is in the installation script! It uses(tries to use) busybox in /bin, but there it isn't! So that's why it fails to work properly. Fixing this by changing the the path of busybox fixes all issues with SuperSU!

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscro View Post
Nice investigations.... hope to see Chainfire make a job to found what's the matter...

cheers
Quote:
If he isn't fixing this behavior, I've a bug fixed version for find 7 and maybe I'll publish it as for find 7 only here.
I used symlink for busybox to be available in both xbin and bin in KulayOS but the problem still exists. I think the problem is deeper that a busybox problem.

@Zoltan-X, can you post your fixed version of superSU?

Zoltan-X
Old
Thanks Meter 3
http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachme...u-zip-root.zip I published it here in a German forum. None the less it's all about missing historic in "/shin"not sbin or bin and the installer script uses busybox for installing! (/
sbin/busybox cp .../su .../daemonsu and...)

Cheers folks!

lesscro
Old
Thanks Meter 1,744

DONATE TO ME
It will be usefull !!

Thx !

tantrums
Old
Thanks Meter 2,052

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachme...u-zip-root.zip I published it here in a German forum. None the less it's all about missing historic in "/shin"not sbin or bin and the installer script uses busybox for installing! (/
sbin/busybox cp .../su .../daemonsu and...)

Cheers folks!
Titanium backup backup still fails. SuperSU 1.45 works 100% for me.

Zoltan-X
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Have you unrooted before? I got it so to run! And titanium backup after this worked for me on 2 devices!

tantrums
Old
Thanks Meter 2,052

DONATE TO ME
This is a bit bad news. Chainfire cannot test without a device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
This is very odd-ball storage setup I have not encountered before. It's not unfixable - I just really have no idea how to, as I have no device to test this on myself.