App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

SuperSU on Find 7a

20th August 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Inside my house
Thanks Meter: 2,078

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

In my recent testing on superSU app and binary. I was able to test versions of SuperSU and found out that:

1. from version 1.51 till latest (2.04 beta). SuperSU binary has an issue on detecting sd card mounting (internal and external) on our device. This caused Titatium backup and other root apps that access sd cards to fail.

2. Using SuperSU version 1.42 to 1.45 do not have the issue above. SuperSU app and binary was fully working.

I also reported this to SuperSU thread of Chainfire. Here

Hope this gets resolved soon.

Note: The official SuperSU version 1.45. You can flash this to resolve Titanium backup not working issue. REMEMBER to not let play store update the superSU app to the latest version until the issue is resolved by Chainfire.

Last edited by tantrums; 20th August 2014 at 03:49 AM.
20th August 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
The bug is in the installation script! It uses(tries to use) busybox in /bin, but there it isn't! So that's why it fails to work properly. Fixing this by changing the the path of busybox fixes all issues with SuperSU!

Cheers
20th August 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #3  
Flag paris
Thanks Meter: 1,755

3,338 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice investigations.... hope to see Chainfire make a job to found what's the matter...

cheers
20th August 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #4  

26 posts
If he isn't fixing this behavior, I've a bug fixed version for find 7 and maybe I'll publish it as for find 7 only here.
20th August 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #5  
Flag Inside my house

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltan-X

The bug is in the installation script! It uses(tries to use) busybox in /bin, but there it isn't! So that's why it fails to work properly. Fixing this by changing the the path of busybox fixes all issues with SuperSU!

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscro

Nice investigations.... hope to see Chainfire make a job to found what's the matter...

cheers

Quote:

If he isn't fixing this behavior, I've a bug fixed version for find 7 and maybe I'll publish it as for find 7 only here.

I used symlink for busybox to be available in both xbin and bin in KulayOS but the problem still exists. I think the problem is deeper that a busybox problem.

@Zoltan-X, can you post your fixed version of superSU?
20th August 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #6  

26 posts
http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachme...u-zip-root.zip I published it here in a German forum. None the less it's all about missing historic in "/shin"not sbin or bin and the installer script uses busybox for installing! (/
sbin/busybox cp .../su .../daemonsu and...)

Cheers folks!
20th August 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag paris
Thanks Meter: 1,755

3,338 posts
Donate to Me
More
It will be usefull !!

Thx !
20th August 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #8  
Flag Inside my house

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachme...u-zip-root.zip I published it here in a German forum. None the less it's all about missing historic in "/shin"not sbin or bin and the installer script uses busybox for installing! (/
sbin/busybox cp .../su .../daemonsu and...)

Cheers folks!

Titanium backup backup still fails. SuperSU 1.45 works 100% for me.
20th August 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #9  

26 posts
Have you unrooted before? I got it so to run! And titanium backup after this worked for me on 2 devices!
20th August 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #10  
Flag Inside my house

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is a bit bad news. Chainfire cannot test without a device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

This is very odd-ball storage setup I have not encountered before. It's not unfixable - I just really have no idea how to, as I have no device to test this on myself.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread