FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Kernel Source

2nd September 2014, 03:26 PM |#1  
SafinWasi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Hey guys.
This is just a short notice that the Kernel Source for the Amazon Fire Phone is now available at https://github.com/Fire-Phone/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SafinWasi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
29th January 2015, 06:21 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Hi!

I would like to understand what does this mean; I'm a newbie in this world but I would like to contribute as much as I can
2nd March 2015, 12:51 AM |#3  
EverDawn4's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafinWasi

Hey guys.
This is just a short notice that the Kernel Source for the Amazon Fire Phone is now available at https://github.com/Fire-Phone/

Thank you, I have been looking for those files. However, I can't build a kernel until TWRP or CWM is built for the Fire Phone.
12th March 2015, 04:33 AM |#4  
Member
Portland
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverDawn4

Thank you, I have been looking for those files. However, I can't build a kernel until TWRP or CWM is built for the Fire Phone.

Any snapdragon 800 twrp recovery.img should work with little modification .
12th March 2015, 10:22 PM |#5  
moisesfco's Avatar
Member
Flag La Palma
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by litan1106

Any snapdragon 800 twrp recovery.img should work with little modification .

Also influence the different partitions of memory, I say from my limited knowledge on the subject.

Best regards,
12th March 2015, 10:37 PM |#6  
Member
Portland
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisesfco

Also influence the different partitions of memory, I say from my limited knowledge on the subject.

Best regards,

If you have the boot.img and recovery.img, you can examine it. It should have the partitions and other info in them.
Look for the /etc/recovery.fstab

Use this tool to unpack and repack theme. https://github.com/beide/Bootimg-scripts
for example in command line: perl unpack-bootimg.pl recovery.img

I was going to buy a firephone to but it went back to $499.
12th March 2015, 11:17 PM |#7  
moisesfco's Avatar
Member
Flag La Palma
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
Ok, We dedicate some time to this phone.
Best regards,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes