Ask a question

No registration required

People are so biased

OP Dilbert1959

29th August 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
After having my Fire phone for almost 3 weeks, I am relatively happy with it.
It is a slim phone, watching video on it is a pleasure, music sounds great. If you are an Amazon Prime member, the xray feature on some TV programs which is linked in with IMDB is just way to cool.. I think this way cooler than "Dynamic Perspective," which may be a feature yet to be exploited by apps and technology which are NOT yet in the Amazon appstore.
Amazon Prime Music is being way undersold by Jeff Bezos in promoting his new phone. Why, I do not know!? From the man who wants to sell you everything, this is a big marketing mistake in the world of iphones, itunes, ipods!!!! And for God's sakes, he owns Audible now, he should make that bargain basement now too, while he is playing Monopoly to gain control of absolutely everything fun.
Granted, my phone is more fun since gaining root, that is one reason I bought it, that and one year of extra Prime, the chance to throwaway a locked Samsung Galaxay S3 with crappy Boost mobile service. I never thought it was that great a phone, anyway.
Unlimited cloud storage of photos.
And by the way, Does anyone listen to all the iPhone fanboys complain about horrible battery life on their latest iteration of the iPhone? I thought Apple took care of that early on? All I'm saying, this is the FIRST Amazon phone. You don't have to be a fan, you can still love whatever iteration of iPhone out there (and still be apron-stringed to i-Tunes) or love your favorite Android...
Yes complaints that Amazon wants to sell you a store and not a phone, I bitch about that every time I buy a new PC with bundled so ftware.
To me, an iPhone is more paralyzing than either a Fire phone or generic android, and a Fire phone, rooted, is the best of android devices, but still some annoying features.
14th October 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
I have to agree with you. I work for o2 and I had the device 4 weeks before the realise date for 3 days.
Have to say I loved it, It just oozes pure quality much like, and I hate to say it... iPhone's except the build quality.
When I was using it all I could think of was "this would be amazing with the full play store on".
Now I can see Root access, it may not be a dream.

I have told a lot of people about this phone, me being very surprised.
A little hard to get your head around the OS butas Dilbert says, Its a store with a built in phone.
From an analytic point of view, Amazon have missed the boat on this.
A good 55% of consumers have brand loyalty, 20% follow them, 10-15% have the same but can not afford to have their 1st choice so opt for the closest and probably oldest. The rest take anything.
Now you might get some Kindle users wanting 1 but most would still rather have the iPhone etc,.....
They should target them 10-15% in price but not at 399.99 ($650). If I lost my phone or didn't have the money to get a new HTC or iPhone, Had 400 in my pocket............ I'd go and buy the Moto G2.
If they're planning on making money from their stores, they should focus on that lower the price and let word of mouth do the talking because they have the hardware to back it up.

Great phone, great first attempt.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread