FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rooted 3.5.1

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By cwa255, Junior Member on 11th October 2014, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have root access on 3.5.1. I don't know how I actually was able to keep root. What I did was downgrade to 3.5.0 and rooted. What happen was I forgot to turn off system update and I was away from my phone and when I came back it was upgrading so I tried to turn off phone and boot in recovery and I wiped cache and wipe/data /factory reset but when I restarted the phone it had upgraded anyway. But I still had supersu app installed open it up and checked settings and it worked and I downloaded a root checker app and sure enough I still had root access. But it isn't all good the software is buggy some apps don't work and it doesn't show the app picture it just shows and orange box. but anyway I was able to pull the boot and recovery file from es file explorer and here they are.
Attached Files
File Type: rar recovery.rar - [Click for QR Code] (6.73 MB, 210 views)
File Type: rar boot.rar - [Click for QR Code] (6.41 MB, 164 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cwa255 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cwa255 Ad-Free

11th October 2014, 06:54 PM |#2  
LEJ
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Mh, but as i understand you interrupted the update-process? Isn't it more a "buggy" half 3.5 half 3.5.1 state?
11th October 2014, 09:04 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Loganville GA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
yeah it is buggy but hopefully somebody can do something good with the boot and recovery files i downloaded.
13th October 2014, 03:29 AM |#4  
Flag Warner Robins GA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa255

yeah it is buggy but hopefully somebody can do something good with the boot and recovery files i downloaded.

I am about to get this phone. So I am guessing I shouldn't update if I want to root?
13th October 2014, 05:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
At the Moment you only can geht root working (without problems) in fireos 3.5.0
Maybe we are able to root fireos 3.6.2 in future, too - but not now.
13th October 2014, 06:47 PM |#6  
Flag Warner Robins GA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ackByte

At the Moment you only can geht root working (without problems) in fireos 3.5.0
Maybe we are able to root fireos 3.6.2 in future, too - but not now.

No customs roms either I don't think. I wonder if anyone is working on that?
13th October 2014, 07:27 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa255

I have root access on 3.5.1. I don't know how I actually was able to keep root. What I did was downgrade to 3.5.0 and rooted. What happen was I forgot to turn off system update and I was away from my phone and when I came back it was upgrading so I tried to turn off phone and boot in recovery and I wiped cache and wipe/data /factory reset but when I restarted the phone it had upgraded anyway. But I still had supersu app installed open it up and checked settings and it worked and I downloaded a root checker app and sure enough I still had root access. But it isn't all good the software is buggy some apps don't work and it doesn't show the app picture it just shows and orange box. but anyway I was able to pull the boot and recovery file from es file explorer and here they are.

thanks for uploading your recovery you saved my phone - i killed my recovery before

maybe we can make a use of 'Bump!' when they teach the community how to create recoverys like they have (TWPR recovery with locked bootloader) http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...er-workaround/
Last edited by B1ackByte; 13th October 2014 at 07:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to B1ackByte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift B1ackByte Ad-Free
15th October 2014, 05:13 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm looking for the default wallpaper on the phone can you post that for me? I downloaded the image dump but I couldn't locate the wallpaper.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)