Unlocking Amazon Fire Phone!!

31st July 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all,

I'm so desperate I bought amazon fire phone without service contract, but when I insert another carrier sim it asks for network unlock pin!!

help please

thanxx
M
6th August 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #2  
Austin, TX

31 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you bought it directly from Amazon, you can call them and ask for the unlock code (not sure if they'll give it to you, but it's worth a try). AT&T will usually unlock the phones as long as you've completed your 2-year contract. If you bought it from AT&T then you may have more difficulty, because they require that you have had an AT&T account in good standing for at least 6 months before they will unlock a phone (even if you buy the phone without a contract). Your best bet there is to find a friend with AT&T service and ask them to take it to the store to unlock.

If they give you trouble, you might ask them "what if I am going to travel internationally?" - Sometimes unlock code are given out to people who will be traveling internationally so that they can avoid roaming charges by purchasing pre-paid SIMs where they travel.

If any of these methods work for you, let us know. I am considering purchasing one myself.
9th August 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Westbury
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Amazon Fire Phone Unlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutus

Hi all,

I'm so desperate I bought amazon fire phone without service contract, but when I insert another carrier sim it asks for network unlock pin!!

help please

thanxx
M

I bought the Amazon Fire Phone as well and I got AT&T to unlock it. Find a friend with AT&T and have him go to the AT&T device request form and fill out the form. Within a few hours they will send a code. You need to have the SIM from another carrier in there when you do it. While the invalid SIM is in there, start up the phone and they'll ask for a code. If you want, try 12629711.

I tried posting a link to the AT&T device unlock request site, but I'm too new of a user, so you gotta Bing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to For the Love of Tech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #4  

15 posts
I am having the same problem. Anyone care to help me get the code.IMEI : 014085004817099. I'm in Malaysia and no way to get the code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by For the Love of Tech

I bought the Amazon Fire Phone as well and I got AT&T to unlock it. Find a friend with AT&T and have him go to the AT&T device request form and fill out the form. Within a few hours they will send a code. You need to have the SIM from another carrier in there when you do it. While the invalid SIM is in there, start up the phone and they'll ask for a code. If you want, try 12629711.

I tried posting a link to the AT&T device unlock request site, but I'm too new of a user, so you gotta Bing it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread