Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fire Phone - Sim Unlock?

Tip us?

winter.k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question Fire Phone - Sim Unlock?

Has anyone had their fire phone sim unlocked?
I would like to know if this might be different than any sim unlocking any other AT&T phone. I know it's exclusive, but that doesn't cause problems with unlock services.

Thanks

Revolutus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.k View Post
I would like to know if this might be different than any sim unlocking any other AT&T phone. I know it's exclusive, but that doesn't cause problems with unlock services.

Thanks
it's locked to at&t, I dont think its possible to do anything .. Im returning the devices.

For the Love of Tech
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.k View Post

Thanks
I unlocked mine. Just fill out the device unlock form that AT&T has and they will send you an unlock code within six hours. You have to be an AT&T customer or former AT&T customer. You can have a friend do it though. It's really easy.

bellatrixue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default is it possible to activate from other countries.

I got the fire pone as a gift. However I am not in the US and the phone is with me. The friend who got it from me has access to at&t. Is it possible? To activate from over seas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For the Love of Tech View Post
I unlocked mine. Just fill out the device unlock form that AT&T has and they will send you an unlock code within six hours. You have to be an AT&T customer or former AT&T customer. You can have a friend do it though. It's really easy.

For the Love of Tech
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatrixue View Post
I got the fire pone as a gift. However I am not in the US and the phone is with me. The friend who got it from me has access to at&t. Is it possible? To activate from over seas.
Well, as it is the phone is locked to AT&T. Either he can activate it and send you a SIM card and you can pay a boatload of international fees or you can unlock the phone.

Well, actually he can unlock the phone for you. Give him your IMEI number. It will either be on the box or in the Settings under Device and Information about this Fire phone. Have him go to the AT&T unlock request form and put in a request. You can do it yourself if you have a former AT&T account.

They will send your friend a confirmation Email to which he has to click a link in. After that they say that they will get back to you within 48 hours or up to 5 business days but all three times I did it it took less than 12 hours.

Once they give you the unlock code you need to put a SIM card in the device that is not an AT&T SIM. It will ask for the code and you just type it in. Then, the phone will work on any carrier you want. I've unlocked two of them already.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For the Love of Tech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xzm950811
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by For the Love of Tech View Post
Well, as it is the phone is locked to AT&T. Either he can activate it and send you a SIM card and you can pay a boatload of international fees or you can unlock the phone.

Well, actually he can unlock the phone for you. Give him your IMEI number. It will either be on the box or in the Settings under Device and Information about this Fire phone. Have him go to the AT&T unlock request form and put in a request. You can do it yourself if you have a former AT&T account.

They will send your friend a confirmation Email to which he has to click a link in. After that they say that they will get back to you within 48 hours or up to 5 business days but all three times I did it it took less than 12 hours.

Once they give you the unlock code you need to put a SIM card in the device that is not an AT&T SIM. It will ask for the code and you just type it in. Then, the phone will work on any carrier you want. I've unlocked two of them already.
can you help me?
Tags
amazon, fire, sim, unlock, unlocked