Ask a question

No registration required

Thumbs down Google Play does not play well with Fire

OP ionbladez

25th July 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Well, after getting the android SDK and Kindle Fire adb driver set up, the phone has the Play Store icon on the launcher.

Sadly of course, amazon locked it down and it crashes before it can sync with google.

I'm going to make it my weekend project to see if I can get it to run. Before I do, I assume the play store app needs to have root, correct?

I can't even read scripts on /

So that means no play store, nothing worth mentioning yet.
31st July 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 753

1,161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionbladez

Well, after getting the android SDK and Kindle Fire adb driver set up, the phone has the Play Store icon on the launcher.

Sadly of course, amazon locked it down and it crashes before it can sync with google.

I'm going to make it my weekend project to see if I can get it to run. Before I do, I assume the play store app needs to have root, correct?

see if you can get a logcat, maybe you missed some other apks or just installed playstore as a data app (playstore needs system permissions)
8th September 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

77 posts
Google Play Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionbladez

I think you also have to install Google Play Services to make it work.
8th September 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Angry
True, I'm only realizing that now that gplay runs a daemon, which is probably going to be blocked or somehow jailed from running on fire (even with root).

I've been messing around with towelroot but I think this whole thing about not being able to root it has to do with some kernel features.

I can't wait to be able to take this off my buddy's at&t plan, though. Unlimited data with tmobile

at&t can shove it for telling me I can't unlock it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread