Latest Google play stock on white screen fire os 4.6.1

Search This thread

raphilevine

Sep 3, 2015
You're going have to downgrade to 4.6.3 for Google Play to work properly. That's what I've read. Google how to do it. It is possible. I had the white screen on 4.6.3 but used the updated files in the first post and now it works. Downgrade then try this again.

How can I downgrade and ensure that it will not automatically upgrade as it has already done? Can you also post the files (or link to) that need to be installed, as there are so many different posts which make references to different files, I am so confused. Some of them are really old posts too, so not sure which runs are compatible with which versions.
Any reason not to root the phone and install Android (can this even be done?)? I am not crazy about the fire OS. There seem to be lots of simple basics just missing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The screen is stuck on a white loading screen, Google play services still work and if you install an older playstore it automatically gets updated in the background to the later version , so unless the next play store update fixes this issue or a workaround is found its back to sideloading apps , which I don't mind as long as Google services still work for youtube app and maps and other google apps, also if you use Google plus it works fine but notifications won't load from g+ which I'm guessing is related to Google play services as older versions of the app have the same problem , also if I uninstall the latest playstore apk and then reinstall it it works initially and then goes back to being stuck on the white loading screen , just a few observations
    A maybe possible "solution" that came up to me:

While still functioning (by freshly installing gplay services and gplay market), download _all the things(tm)_ you need.
    Then try to get a working gPlay services apk, dump the - now by the update broken - gPlay services and gPlay market and install the working gPlay services, but leave out the market which would try to auto-update and flip **** again.
    It's just a bad workaround. But if it might work, i'm fine with it. It's not like you have to browse the gPlay market every day.
    I just found an _very_ ugly hack and might post soon if it's reproductive.
    Confirmed to work: Hangouts, Maps, Youtube, Chrome (Chrome doesn't depend on the play services anyway.)

Post it man lol. I'm intriqued
    I got its solution:
    I tried changing the Google Play Store version by downloading & updating.
    Try the below mentioned URL to download Google Play Store, its working totally fine!
    apkmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/uploaded/54dd7979177e8/com.android.vending-5.2.13-80321300-minAPI9.apk

ok this works in opening the play store everytime, yet will not download and install any app. this is one step closer to a work around.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

ok this works in opening the play store everytime, yet will not download and install any app. this is one step closer to a work around.

this is an update on what worked for me, so far so good.
    download this
    apkmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/uploaded/54dd7979177e8/com.android.vending-5.2.13-80321300-minAPI9.apk

uninstall all google apps framework, services, account manager

re-install everything according to the howto for non-root.
    open play store sign in, then immediately un-install the store from phone then install the new vending app that I asked you to download.

I believe when you immediately uninstall the store it stops it from upgrading, and was able to install the updated store.
    This is the newest version of all 4 apk's as of today:
    http://xdaforums.com/fire-phone/general/google-play-store-4-6-1-version-4-apks-t3098592

Some people are complaining about a white screen, it's not specific to the newest version however.
    Also the update above is for 4.6.1 as it requires kitkat based on the apk's.