FireTV Stick (montoya) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.3_r1]

Search This thread

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Here are prerooted stock images for use with my recovery. Note that these contain addon.d support, so any 3rd party things you install to /system need an addon.d script to be retained between flashes.

I STRONGLY recommend that you completely wipe if you had Kingroot installed. This can be accomplished in TWRP by going to Wipe and selecting Format Data. This will blow away everything on it, including whatever garbage Kingroot left behind.

And as always, make sure you DISABLE UPDATES.

Changelog and Downloads:

Last edited:

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
Here are prerooted stock images for use with my recovery. Note that these contain addon.d support, so any 3rd party things you install to /system need an addon.d script to be retained between flashes.

I STRONGLY recommend that you completely wipe if you had Kingroot installed. This can be accomplished in TWRP by going to Wipe and selecting Format Data. This will blow away everything on it, including whatever garbage Kingroot left behind.

And as always, make sure you DISABLE UPDATES.

Changelog and Downloads:

Absolutely fantastic!

Im sure you will of made alot of peoples day aswell as mine.
Thankyou for you continued development for the fire line up.
We would all be lost without you.

Antieco

Jun 24, 2012
Excellent news!! many thanks @rbox !

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

If i wipe data, will it delete /data/media/0/montoya_recovery_vX.zip ¿?

Antieco

Jun 24, 2012
Is there a way of debloating all amazon stuff? any recommended launcher besides firestarter?

Reactions: puppinoo

puppinoo

Jun 14, 2008
Awesome work.
As @Antieco asked above, I'd really like a debloated rom too to speed the stick up and I'd like to reinstall Firestarted 3.2.3 as it was perfect for my needs using 5.0.5 rom. Are both of the tasks possible?

Again thanks a lot to rbox fot his amazing work.
puppinoo.

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Awesome work.
As @Antieco asked above, I'd really like a debloated rom too to speed the stick up and I'd like to reinstall Firestarted 3.2.3 as it was perfect for my needs using 5.0.5 rom. Are both of the tasks possible?

Again thanks a lot to rbox fot his amazing work.
puppinoo.

I highly doubt "debloating" would accomplish anything, but yes it's possible.

puppinoo

Jun 14, 2008

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Rbox will there be a chance of a prerooted image for a lower fireware please? i know you have one for v5.2.1.0 but i want to continue using the mousetoggle app & also the old firestarter app too, i believe i wont be able to use these after using the prerooted image for 5.2.1.0? Or will there be a mod i can use to enable adb & block the fire tv from calling the adb just for the Amazon apps/favorites quicktoggle when you press or hold the home button? I know it probably sounds like alot but im sure im not the only one asking or thinking about this question?

(By the way i left the same message over at AFTVNews but thought id get a better answer in your thread)
Thanks in advance

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Rbox will there be a chance of a prerooted image for a lower fireware please? i know you have one for v5.2.1.0 but i want to continue using the mousetoggle app & also the old firestarter app too, i believe i wont be able to use these after using the prerooted image for 5.2.1.0? Or will there be a mod i can use to enable adb & block the fire tv from calling the adb just for the Amazon apps/favorites quicktoggle when you press or hold the home button? I know it probably sounds like alot but im sure im not the only one asking or thinking about this question?

(By the way i left the same message over at AFTVNews but thought id get a better answer in your thread)
Thanks in advance

Yeah, I sometimes read AFTVNews, but I rarely respond. As for old versions, yeah, that's not a problem. I can generate any version. What do you want?

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Yeah, I sometimes read AFTVNews, but I rarely respond. As for old versions, yeah, that's not a problem. I can generate any version. What do you want?
Oh great thank you Rbox.... Fire OS 5.0.5 would be the version i would like, thats the version im running now rooted with Kingroot & not bothered about the new system or setup which has just been released because everything is running on here perfectly for me & i would just like the Custom Recovery & Super Su. Cheers mate your the best

sent from the past using my Zx Spectrum

xenyz

Oct 30, 2010
I highly doubt "debloating" would accomplish anything, but yes it's possible.
IMHO, not scientifically proven disabling some Amazon packages and especially their home launcher with your rbox module helps a lot with the limited resources available on the AFTVS1. The list of packages I have disabled is in this post which also includes a very good reason to switch to a proper pre-rooted ROM.

@rbox is there any word on whether rbox Xposed module works on 5.2.1.1? Or if you have an idea which DB holds the info on the default launcher in FireOS? I just want to hit home and have Fire starter/stopper launch instead.

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
IMHO, not scientifically proven disabling some Amazon packages and especially their home launcher with your rbox module helps a lot with the limited resources available on the AFTVS1. The list of packages I have disabled is in this post which also includes a very good reason to switch to a proper pre-rooted ROM.

@rbox is there any word on whether rbox Xposed module works on 5.2.1.1? Or if you have an idea which DB holds the info on the default launcher in FireOS? I just want to hit home and have Fire starter/stopper launch instead.

No clue.

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Oh great thank you Rbox.... Fire OS 5.0.5 would be the version i would like, thats the version im running now rooted with Kingroot & not bothered about the new system or setup which has just been released because everything is running on here perfectly for me & i would just like the Custom Recovery & Super Su. Cheers mate your the best

sent from the past using my Zx Spectrum

I updated the OP with 5.0.5

Reactions: puppinoo

notsed

Apr 28, 2010
I've successfully installed TWRP and 5.0.5, then upgraded to 5.2.1.1 just to make sure it would work. Everything went great. I'm going to try installing Xposed and your module tomorrow.

If you're taking ROM requests, would it be possible to have a rooted 54.1.2.3_user_123067020? From what I can tell by reading AFTVnews, it's the last version of Fire OS that's not lollipop. Your module worked perfectly on Fire OS 3, so I'd like to use that if I could. With the limited way I use this stick I don't need much more than Kodi and Xposed.

Thanks for all you do, rbox. We're really lucky to have you.

Last edited:

puppinoo

Jun 14, 2008
I was about to ask for the prerooted 5.0.5 version for the same identical reasons @deanr1977 asked and I'm grateful rbox listened. Thanks a lot.

Top Liked Posts