[Q] Amazon Prime does not work after manual fw upgrade

OP quattroatl

25th August 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Prime movies and TV shows do not load after manually upgrading to fw 51.1.1.0_user_511070220. I have root and nothing is being blocked on my router. Streaming with prime worked fine on fw 51.1.0.2_user_510058520. Oddly enough, the trailers will play fine but not the actual movie.

Anyone have similar problems?

Edit: I performed a factory reset and reinstalled everything to no avail.
Last edited by quattroatl; 25th August 2014 at 11:09 PM.
25th August 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 199

758 posts
Check to be sure your system has a correct timestamp? I had some really weird stuff happen earlier today when I wasn't able to get NTP at boot up.
25th August 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Bizarre fix
So I replaced the hdmi cable and all is well again. Apparently the cable was bad only when trying to play prime movie and tv streams. It worked fine with all xbmc stuff and everything else like games and apps. Maybe the hdmi cable is old 1.2 and not 1.4. At any rate, I'm glad it wasn't defective hardware.
26th August 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 87

152 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroatl

So I replaced the hdmi cable and all is well again. Apparently the cable was bad only when trying to play prime movie and tv streams. It worked fine with all xbmc stuff and everything else like games and apps. Maybe the hdmi cable is old 1.2 and not 1.4. At any rate, I'm glad it wasn't defective hardware.

Interesting. Thanks for posting the resolution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread