Configure ATVs with XBMC for sale, what about registration?

2nd September 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

198 posts
Hey guys, was in the states and picked up a few ATVs over the $84 sale (I'm in Canada). Was hoping to root these, install XBMC some basic addons and then sell off on the local classifieds.

Now my question is, what do some of you guys who I'm sure have done the same due in regards to the fact the device requires an amazon.com account to be setup with?

I have my own account, but wouldn't want to leave that on the box once sold.

Any advice?
2nd September 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ocean City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 151

937 posts
More
On your PC, login to amazon.com and go to Your Account > Your Android Apps and Devices. From there, on the left side click Your Devices. Pick the FireTV and you can deregister it. Then try firing up the device and make sure it is asking for an account before selling it.
2nd September 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {ParanoiA}

On your PC, login to amazon.com and go to Your Account > Your Android Apps and Devices. From there, on the left side click Your Devices. Pick the FireTV and you can deregister it. Then try firing up the device and make sure it is asking for an account before selling it.

Will this cause issues with the device being rooted etc and wipe stuff out of it?
2nd September 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 58

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeffernan

Will this cause issues with the device being rooted etc and wipe stuff out of it?

nothing will wipe, keep in mind if you instal any app from the amazon app store the new owner of that box will need to have it under their own account as well. Meaning if you bought Minecraft and deregistered your account from the box the new owner will need to purchase minecraft in order for him/her to play minecraft. If you know your way around the box you can even prevent it from asking you for any amazon creditionals
2nd September 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam

nothing will wipe, keep in mind if you instal any app from the amazon app store the new owner of that box will need to have it under their own account as well. Meaning if you bought Minecraft and deregistered your account from the box the new owner will need to purchase minecraft in order for him/her to play minecraft. If you know your way around the box you can even prevent it from asking you for any amazon creditionals

Well this is what I wanted, great thank you.

Won't be pulling down any kind of Amazon apps just a install of XBMC with some addons.
3rd September 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

198 posts
Another question,

Since I have 2 Amazon TV's I want to sell and a 3rd one that's my personal. Couldn't I just setup XBMC on my own personal box etc.. and then just back it up and restore this backup on the other 2 Amazon TV's to save on the configuration time etc?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread