Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Configure ATVs with XBMC for sale, what about registration?

Tip us?
 
DHeffernan
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 192
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Configure ATVs with XBMC for sale, what about registration?

Hey guys, was in the states and picked up a few ATVs over the $84 sale (I'm in Canada). Was hoping to root these, install XBMC some basic addons and then sell off on the local classifieds.

Now my question is, what do some of you guys who I'm sure have done the same due in regards to the fact the device requires an amazon.com account to be setup with?

I have my own account, but wouldn't want to leave that on the box once sold.

Any advice?
 
{ParanoiA}
Old
#2  
{ParanoiA}'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 933
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ocean City, NJ
On your PC, login to amazon.com and go to Your Account > Your Android Apps and Devices. From there, on the left side click Your Devices. Pick the FireTV and you can deregister it. Then try firing up the device and make sure it is asking for an account before selling it.
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

 
DHeffernan
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 192
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by {ParanoiA} View Post
On your PC, login to amazon.com and go to Your Account > Your Android Apps and Devices. From there, on the left side click Your Devices. Pick the FireTV and you can deregister it. Then try firing up the device and make sure it is asking for an account before selling it.
Will this cause issues with the device being rooted etc and wipe stuff out of it?
 
mejdam
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 258
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeffernan View Post
Will this cause issues with the device being rooted etc and wipe stuff out of it?
nothing will wipe, keep in mind if you instal any app from the amazon app store the new owner of that box will need to have it under their own account as well. Meaning if you bought Minecraft and deregistered your account from the box the new owner will need to purchase minecraft in order for him/her to play minecraft. If you know your way around the box you can even prevent it from asking you for any amazon creditionals
 
DHeffernan
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 192
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam View Post
nothing will wipe, keep in mind if you instal any app from the amazon app store the new owner of that box will need to have it under their own account as well. Meaning if you bought Minecraft and deregistered your account from the box the new owner will need to purchase minecraft in order for him/her to play minecraft. If you know your way around the box you can even prevent it from asking you for any amazon creditionals
Well this is what I wanted, great thank you.

Won't be pulling down any kind of Amazon apps just a install of XBMC with some addons.
 
DHeffernan
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 192
Join Date: Dec 2012
Another question,

Since I have 2 Amazon TV's I want to sell and a 3rd one that's my personal. Couldn't I just setup XBMC on my own personal box etc.. and then just back it up and restore this backup on the other 2 Amazon TV's to save on the configuration time etc?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more

Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more