Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Emulators I've found working the best with Fire TV

Tip us?

Spykez0129
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Emulators I've found working the best with Fire TV

My biggest reason for buying this was using it for emulation and I've tried countless different emulators for NES, SNES and Sega and the three I've found these three to work the best. The menus, the layout, gamepad detection and compatibility (xbox360) all work the best with it.

I did pay for all of these because they work flawlessly, Robert offers free versions as well so you can try them out.

NES: NES.emu
Super Nintendo: Snes9x EX+
Sega: MD.emu

PSX: FPse
For the 360 pad, the triggers don't work and the back/start buttons are tied to the emulator menu and can't change them. Developer is currently working on the triggers as of last weekend when I emailed him about them being buggy. I did not try ePSXe however as the interface layouts in the pictures looked like they'd cause some issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spykez0129 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Montisaquadeis
Old
Thanks Meter 22
ePSXe works fine in landscape mode. Navagating it via gamepad is fine as well unless that is untrue with the Fire TV as I have no issues doing so on my Kindle Fire HDX my only issue is no sound but that seems to work fine on the Fire TV tho from what I have been reading.

LakersFan_73
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any suggestions for Nintendo 64? I'd love one more crack at Goldeneye.

retroben
Old
Thanks Meter 24
The original Mupen64Plus AE or CoolN64 should be what you're looking for.

Too bad the original seldom updates nowadays.
We are waiting on either the developer Paul,or anyone else that is capable of compiling a build with the much needed fixes like Banjo-Tooie and plugin updates.

Maybe someone can ask the CoolN64 developer to add the patches that fix Banjo-Tooie and the DelaySI function as well.
Or anyone here that is source code mod savvy could make a modded version with fixes and other changes.

Why has DK64 never been fixed for Mupen64Plus AE when Wii64 (mupen64/plus port) could actually run it with collisions and level loaders intact?

ToxicDM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does it have to be some sort of special xbox360 controller?
My wireless controller doesn't work. And yes, I connected the cable.

MrMichaelJames
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My biggest problem with the emulators is I can't figure out how to get them to work via XBMC and store the roms on a network drive instead of locally on the firetv. Is anyone using the emulators this way?

Spykez0129
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicDM View Post
Does it have to be some sort of special xbox360 controller?
My wireless controller doesn't work. And yes, I connected the cable.
that doesn't work how you think it does lmao.

The cable that plugs into the wireless doesn't send a data signal. It's sole purpose is to charge. You'll need an xbox 360 wireless adapter for PC to get it to work.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wirel.../dp/B000HZFCT2

That's just an example. You can find them cheaper on ebay but the official one is the one labeld "Microsoft". The rest are knockoffs, whether or not they will work on the Fire TV I don't know, but the official Microsoft branded one is plug and play.

bam099
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Anyone else tried any more emulators? What about MAME?
Current devices: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 (original), HP Touchpad (running Android), Nexus 4

retroben
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Both MAME and the retroarch version work fairly well.
I played the arcade exclusive Golden Axe sequel called Revenge Of Death Adder.

Like MAME emulators always are,you have to make sure that every specific condition is correct.
Correct name,proper directory,and only when available in the given romset list.