Emulators thread. Emulators that are working for the Fire TV

Search This thread

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
Anyone try getting dolphin on this?

I highly doubt you'll ever see Dolphin run on this. PC still has troubles running Gamecube games without issues, and that's on my AMD 8350 running 4GHz. A little quad core 1.6GHz probably won't even handle the boot up.

There isn't even a real working PS2 emulator for Android.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Only if Freedreno takes off and gains OpenGL ES 3.0 support,and when Fire TV's Bootloader becomes unlockable.
Then maybe,Dolphin could actually run with games onscreen and Reicast flawlessly without the kernel panic which causes the random rebooting.

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
lol this thing will never be able to run Dolphin. It's not a problem if and when. It's a problem of the fact there just isn't enough raw power to emulate the CPU on the Wii and Gamecube.

quacka

Nov 28, 2007
How did you guys get Retroarch to work? I cannot get my xbox360 wireless controller to map in-game. I can navigate the retroarch menu and start the game. After that there is no mapping.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
I use Retroarch 1.0.0.2 (Play Store) with my Logitech K400r Keyboard.
The emucr builds have broken mapping,and the mapping issue is frequently acknowledged by even the retroarch devs themselves.
The input mapping is supposed to get a complete overhaul in the 1.0.0.3 update,and I hope they add access to analog mapping and rewind/fast-forward.
I REALLY need the ability to map rewind and fast-forward since I sometimes heavily rely on it for the more difficult and frustrating games.
(plus the fact of it having no cheat support yet)

I wished there was a legitimate Mednafen or MESS/UME port for extended emulation on Android.
Since the latest retroarch update with the MESS/UME core has broken input,it is unusable to me.

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
Fast forward is the best thing to ever happen in emulators lol. Playing Mario 3 and waiting for the end levels reading all those conversations are soooo boring and time consuming. Or all those damn intros, JUST LET ME PLAY THE GAME.

quacka

Nov 28, 2007
I use Retroarch 1.0.0.2 (Play Store) with my Logitech K400r Keyboard.
The emucr builds have broken mapping,and the mapping issue is frequently acknowledged by even the retroarch devs themselves.
The input mapping is supposed to get a complete overhaul in the 1.0.0.3 update,and I hope they add access to analog mapping and rewind/fast-forward.
I REALLY need the ability to map rewind and fast-forward since I sometimes heavily rely on it for the more difficult and frustrating games.
(plus the fact of it having no cheat support yet)

I wished there was a legitimate Mednafen or MESS/UME port for extended emulation on Android.
Since the latest retroarch update with the MESS/UME core has broken input,it is unusable to me.

I tried the play store version and still the same problem.

Full navigation in menu, can't access key mapping with xbox 360 wireless controller, in game can only use the start button for menu and back button to go back. It detected xbox 360 wireless controller fine when the game starts so no idea.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Try mapping it manually after disabling automatic configuration.
There is a choice to "detect" the button you want to map.
Hopefully your analog stick will not interfere with a deadzone sensitivity issue.

Y.G.

Jul 14, 2012
Does n64oid reboot in the middle of sessions for anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Reboot???

What version do ya have?

I got 2.7 from a paradise,and it only unbearably soft freezes on most games like Majora's Mask.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
CoolNDS runs quite well on Fire TV,especially when JIT Block Size is set to 100.
No wonder it works so well,since the same dev of CoolN64 made it.

Waiting for the hope that Dynarec becomes fully functional in a free DS emulator.

roninmedia

Aug 15, 2014
PPSSPP works perfectly as far as I can tell on the FireTV. Beats waiting for the Vita TV when they ever comes out in the United States. :rolleyes:

I'm using a wired XBOX 360 controller to play Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and various Japanese PSP titles.

Last edited:

murhaava1

Jan 19, 2012
Quick Question...I am not rooted and was curious if I would be able to install epsxe?
The reason I ask is because I am able to sideload free apps from the playstore, but when I tried a paid version I got an error message(INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY). Not sure if its related not having google play services or just those particular apks.
If I do not need root, then I will buy it and sideload, but wanted to make sure before i spend 4$ on it.

EDIT: I was able to sideload a paid app that I had, so I think I'm good with epsxe. It must be related to google play services.

Last edited:

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
I had an app I paid for that worked for a little while and then it called home to verify that it was paid for, since google play wasn't on it wouldn't run anymore until I had Play running on the device. I don't remember which emulator it was though

gargarulo

Mar 3, 2011
I've sideloaded MAME4droid and works really great with a Wireless Xbox controller. However I could not make the FireTV remote to select elements on the User Interface. In other words, if I don't have the Xbox controller, I can't play, because I can't select anything. I even tried a keyboard and mouse, and a Playstation joystick + USB adapter, and had the same luck with those. The UI_SELECT mapping would go to the Game Controller only button. I tried to modify the configuration files manually, but no luck either. What bugs me is that I don't always have the Xbox controller. I have 2 PS controllers, and a keyboard.

Did anyone experience this?? Any workaround?

nstern2

May 14, 2014
In my quest to get wiimotes working I found an easier solution. The 4.3.14 version of the .emu emulators must have a different blue tooth stack or something because I can get them to sync with my wiimotes and classic controllers without issue. You would have to reconnect each time you want to use them but they work great. In case anyone else wants to use them without having to install anything extra use these versions. A quick google search should bring them up.

MrGHLover

Dec 3, 2013
Well i got the mupen64 plus ae from somewhere, sideloaded it onto and started playing super mario 64 at highest settings and no dropped frames but still bot the best and it's the emulators fault because no matter which settings i tries it would be the same framerate.

bobbym36

Aug 29, 2014
So, I haven't tested any emulators on the Fire TV yet. I was using my G-Box MX2 for emulation. I mainly play NES, SNES and Genesis roms. What are the best emulators for NES, SNES and Sega Genesis?

The one's I am using on G-Box were all free from the play store.

I'm going to test some out soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My biggest reason for buying this was using it for emulation and I've tried countless different emulators for NES, SNES and Sega and the three I've found these three to work the best. The menus, the layout, gamepad detection and compatibility (xbox360) all work the best with it.

I did pay for all of these because they work flawlessly, Robert offers free versions as well so you can try them out.

NES: NES.emu
    Super Nintendo: Snes9x EX+
    Sega: MD.emu

PSX:
    FPse
    For the 360 pad, the triggers don't work and the back/start buttons are tied to the emulator menu and can't change them. Developer is currently working on the triggers as of last weekend when I emailed him about them being buggy.[update 7-27-2014] Still no update or email from developer. Issue still present.

ePSXe
    1.9.20 was sent to me by the developer to test the triggers for the X360 gamepad and have confirmed they work. Start button is tied to emulator menu. Not that big an issue since you can just set start button to an analog click. Everything seems to be in working order.
    Any suggestions for Nintendo 64? I'd love one more crack at Goldeneye. :good:
    The original Mupen64Plus AE or CoolN64 should be what you're looking for.

Too bad the original seldom updates nowadays.
    We are waiting on either the developer Paul,or anyone else that is capable of compiling a build with the much needed fixes like Banjo-Tooie and plugin updates.

Maybe someone can ask the CoolN64 developer to add the patches that fix Banjo-Tooie and the DelaySI function as well.
    Or anyone here that is source code mod savvy could make a modded version with fixes and other changes.

Why has DK64 never been fixed for Mupen64Plus AE when Wii64 (mupen64/plus port) could actually run it with collisions and level loaders intact?
    I run all my roms off Micro SD on my new Fire TV. They've made it very easy and painless.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Here are the emulators I have tested on my unrooted 2nd-Gen Fire TV and Amazon Fire Game Controller.

Working Perfectly:
    MAME4droid
    Snes9x EX+
    PPSSPP
    Nostalgia.NES
    MD.emu
    reicast
    PCE.emu
    My Boy!

Runs, But with Issues:
    ePSXe: I'm using v1.9.39 and selecting Preferences crashes the app, so there's no way for me to remap the Amazon controller to have a Start button.

drastic DS: Runs, but can't get past menu screen because I couldn't select with controller or remote.
    epsxe 1.9.40 seems to be working perfectly, no preference screen crashes! Also I'm loving NES.emu - not sure if it's better than nostalgia.nes but I've had no issues with it so far.