Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Emulators thread. Emulators that are working for the Fire TV

OP Spykez0129

2nd September 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #41  
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 37

355 posts
More
Retroarch is free and great for NES,SNES,and Genesis/32x/Sega CD and other systems like PS1 on Fire TV if you can get it to co-operate like I do.
GenPlusDroid has easier access to rewind than Retroarch and is also free.

There is an unofficial updated version of Mupen64Plus AE with many internal improvements over the normal build.
You may have to sign up to get it from an attachment in some random topic or from inside the shoutbox.

You'll need Retroarch for the Sonic hacks (like the recent contest ones) since some only work properly on the Picodrive core.

Thomas was everywhere...
7th September 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben

Retroarch is free and great for NES,SNES,and Genesis/32x/Sega CD and other systems like PS1 on Fire TV if you can get it to co-operate like I do.
GenPlusDroid has easier access to rewind than Retroarch and is also free.

There is an unofficial updated version of Mupen64Plus AE with many internal improvements over the normal build.
You may have to sign up to get it from an attachment in some random topic or from inside the shoutbox.

You'll need Retroarch for the Sonic hacks (like the recent contest ones) since some only work properly on the Picodrive core.

Thomas was everywhere...

Im having trouble mapping the buttons on my wired xbox 360 controller. It works awsome in xbmc. It navigates the menus in retroarch well but i dont understand how to map the buttons for specific cores. Nes.emu works great. All the other emulators ive used the key mapping was very simple.
9th October 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
.I also having trouble to get the xbox 360 wireless work correctly in epsxe. Can someone pls explain how i map the Controller correctly? It seems to me that the triggers (L1,L2,R1,R2) don't work. I also tried to map the joystick button as Start and Select without sucess.

edit: solved. resetet all and tried again. now everything is working fine, so far.
Last edited by deewad; 9th October 2014 at 11:38 AM.
10th October 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #44  

14 posts
More
I'm having a similiar issue but with a ps3 controller on sixaxis.
15th October 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #45  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 29

126 posts
More
The main issue with emulators on the Fire TV is the linear filtering most of them use. It just blurs the image when stretched to 1080p.

So far the only one I've used which can disable Linear filtering is MyBoy and MyOldboy for Gameboy games.
15th October 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #46  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rog1121

The main issue with emulators on the Fire TV is the linear filtering most of them use. It just blurs the image when stretched to 1080p.

So far the only one I've used which can disable Linear filtering is MyBoy and MyOldboy for Gameboy games.

I'm pretty sure all of the .emu/explusalpha emulators have the option to disable linear filtering.
17th October 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #47  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rog1121

I turn on scanlines if possible, IMO, it makes all the old console games look the best, sort of like you were actually playing it on the TV. Linear doesn't bother me and it doesn't actually look that bad as long as your are not stretching images, but scaling images.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread