Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Finally! My Amazon Fire TV is complete!

OP bobbym36

5th September 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassasin187

Great brother...keep it going. I have a question. I am trying to get an app apk working on FireTV but not having any luck. would you know why? It works on tablets and any other android tv box, just not on firetv. let me know if you can help me in* anyway. The app is on Google Playstore.

Do u have google play store on your fire tv? u trief installing the .apk file? I read that some apps from the play store just arent compatible with the fire tv. Not sure whar else you can do?

I tried to install Pandora as an Xbmc add on but it wouldnt work for me. iheart radio worked fine. Spotigly is a good one.
17th September 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassasin187

Great brother...keep it going. I have a question. I am trying to get an app apk working on FireTV but not having any luck. would you know why? It works on tablets and any other android tv box, just not on firetv. let me know if you can help me in anyway. The app is on Google Playstore. It's called YuppTV. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.xoom&hl=en

Righ now, It's available on Amazon AppStore
http://www.amazon.com/YuppTV-for-fireTV/dp/B00L1C3300/
17th September 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

95 posts
Thank you. It's a new app posted on 9/8/14. But the problem is that is asks you to activate with a code and I already have a couple of devices activated so I can't activate firetv. Anyway to modify it or install the tablet apk?

Sent from my iPad with XBMC
12th December 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 7

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam

keep on modifying bro!!

I run tvlauncher, xbmc 13.2, airplay support, allcast installed, firefox, google play, ouya store, modded version of pandora, MLB running through a VPN in Japan so i have no local blackouts and the rest of my apps going through a vpn in europe.

I tried to load a modded version of Pandora a while back but I remember I had some problem with it. I don't remember if it would force close or if I couldn't get past the login screen.. Could you provide more info on what you have loaded?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread