Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fire Tv complete Restore

Tip us?

ggonxhi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fire Tv complete Restore

Is there a way to completly restore fire tv? remove root and all sideloaded application?

posibly done on the computer or something.

heyredy141
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Factory reset should achieve what you are asking for unless you tweaked host file etc.

Shinyhead
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggonxhi View Post
Is there a way to completly restore fire tv? remove root and all sideloaded application?

posibly done on the computer or something.
Just like heyredy141 said, if you disabled update checks using pm disable com.amazon.dcp. Undo that by using: pm disable com.amazon.dcp. then do a factory reset. A factory reset won't undo the host mods, and when FTV starts up it requires to check updates in order to continue booting first time.
Nexus 5 (Root/Android L) T-Mobile
Get Dropbox here!

KillerJoeBR
Old
Thanks Meter 4
pm enable com.amazon.dcp

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

nhumber
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhead View Post
Just like heyredy141 said, if you disabled update checks using pm disable com.amazon.dcp. Undo that by using: pm disable com.amazon.dcp. then do a factory reset. A factory reset won't undo the host mods, and when FTV starts up it requires to check updates in order to continue booting first time.
its my understanding that this is incorrect since the pm disable com.amazon.dcp is not a "host file" mod as u say. not sure if you really need to renable it before factory restoring.. why do you think its necessary?

Shinyhead
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhumber View Post
its my understanding that this is incorrect since the pm disable com.amazon.dcp is not a "host file" mod as u say. not sure if you really need to renable it before factory restoring.. why do you think its necessary?
I might be incorrect in saying "host file" but I read from other threads, a factory reset won't undo a pm disable com.amazon.dcp. If you look up earlier "bricked" threads, a couple of people did a factory reset without enabling com.amazon.dcp.
Nexus 5 (Root/Android L) T-Mobile
Get Dropbox here!

rayosx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhead View Post
I might be incorrect in saying "host file" but I read from other threads, a factory reset won't undo a pm disable com.amazon.dcp. If you look up earlier "bricked" threads, a couple of people did a factory reset without enabling com.amazon.dcp.
So to be clear on all this thread, if you don't enable this before you do a factory reset you can brick your AFTV?

Any other ways to brick it?

I'm just learning because I wan't to avoid any future bricks doing'any negligent stuff.

Thanks

rbox
Old
Thanks Meter 172

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayosx View Post
So to be clear on all this thread, if you don't enable this before you do a factory reset you can brick your AFTV?

Any other ways to brick it?

I'm just learning because I wan't to avoid any future bricks doing'any negligent stuff.

Thanks
I don't know how much stock i put in to that. Factory reset should reenable dcp. /data is where user data and system configuration is stored, and also where the disabled application list is kept. When you do a factory reset, it clears out /data. There is a lot of stories on here where people think something happened, or they assume something is going to happen.

Furthermore, disabling dcp is all you need. No one should be screwing around with the hosts file anymore.

quattroatl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I did a factory reset without undoing the pm disable. Everything went fine. I was able to re-root my device and all.

rayosx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hmmm.... So why it bricks?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app