Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 40,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Fire TV vs Mini android box/stick/dongle with RK3188/RK3288

Tip us?

cell128
Old
Thanks Meter 140
I got the firetv yesterday. Rooted and all that. But I really miss the ease of stock android navigation from my imitto mx2. Its a pain to launch sideloaded apps from settings. Is there anyway to ad them to the main launcher? I may return the fitetv it wouldn't even connect to my Netflix. Kept saying choose anulother video on everything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rbox
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
I got the firetv yesterday. Rooted and all that. But I really miss the ease of stock android navigation from my imitto mx2. Its a pain to launch sideloaded apps from settings. Is there anyway to ad them to the main launcher? I may return the fitetv it wouldn't even connect to my Netflix. Kept saying choose anulother video on everything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I was at one point working on a mod to the launcher to give you a proper app listing ala the app drawer on a regular android device. It basically replaced the Apps menu with the app listing. Unfortunately other projects did take over. Once I get the whole recovery thing sorted out I may work on it some more.
The Following User Says Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]