Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

FireTV as Download Centre

12th August 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

35 posts
Since the FireTV is always on it is perfectly suited as a Download centre when combined with an external HDD.

At the moment I'm runnig NZBGet mobile to download media from usenet to my external HDD which is mounted using Stickmount. By installing python for android I managed to get VideoSort to work, which is a script which automatically recognizes the TV-Show/Movie for you and names it accordingly, moves it and cleans up any left-over thrash. Works very well so far.

Combined with some usenet indexing site which build rss feeds (or remote push to NZBGet) for any new episodes/movie releases you can automatically download any new stuff which you might want. Some even import any stuff from your Trakt/IMDB watchlist. As XBMC is running on the same machine it is also easy to let XBMC update the library when any new media is added.

Wonder if anyone else has set up anything like this? I looked into installing transmission through optware on the FireTV but couldn’t install optware as it wouldn’t let me remount. Can install uTorrent and control that from your phone but as far as I saw I couldn’t get it to run a cleanup script after any download is done. Really want it to be all automated so for now I’m only using usenet, which I prefer over torrents anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nedle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

86 posts
you have just made my day you have no idea. ive been working on getting a renamer to work on my fire tv i already have a torrent based downloader with a custom rss feed to download but i couldnt for the life of me find one.

as for clean up im not quite sure what you mean but this is my setup

Flud run auto download through rss and updates decently when it downloads when its done it will delete the torrent file and there is an option to move the file when it is done downloading

i have my hdd mounted and all files are moved to the uncatagorized folder but after that i i cant sort them so im gonna try your method but a really good app i found is watchdog it auto updates the xbmc library a lot better then anything else

if theres anything i can help with let me know

thanks again

Also flud will delet old items and if its renamed and moved it should be able to delete the old unnecessary folders

so since videosort requires NZB do you know a way to make it work without it?

P.S. Sorry about my grammar its my worst subject and I was more excited to post then check haha
Last edited by Dragracekid; 12th August 2014 at 09:22 PM.
13th August 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracekid

you have just made my day you have no idea. ive been working on getting a renamer to work on my fire tv i already have a torrent based downloader with a custom rss feed to download but i couldnt for the life of me find one.

as for clean up im not quite sure what you mean but this is my setup

Flud run auto download through rss and updates decently when it downloads when its done it will delete the torrent file and there is an option to move the file when it is done downloading

i have my hdd mounted and all files are moved to the uncatagorized folder but after that i i cant sort them so im gonna try your method but a really good app i found is watchdog it auto updates the xbmc library a lot better then anything else

if theres anything i can help with let me know

thanks again

Also flud will delet old items and if its renamed and moved it should be able to delete the old unnecessary folders

so since videosort requires NZB do you know a way to make it work without it?

P.S. Sorry about my grammar its my worst subject and I was more excited to post then check haha

The VideoSort script can be modified to work with torrents as well. It uses some variables passed by NZBGet (Download Directory, NZB-name, etc) to process the download. If there is any torrent client for android which allows you to call a script after a download is done and has some way to pass the download location it should work. I don't know of any torrent client on android that does this though. uTorrent, transmission and more allow for this in their Windows clients.

What I did before I got python working was I shared my external HDD with my Windows network using Samba Filesharing. Then I just had a simple batch file setup which would sort the media by using Filebot.
13th August 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 22

151 posts
More
So there isn't an equivalent sabnzbd suite (sickbeard, couchpotato) for the Android fork like you have on openelec?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nadimsoze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

86 posts
What if we use tasker to trigger an event when a file or folder gets moved to the UnCategorised folder? The event being a Python script that I found called turbo sort it works great.

Also one more thing I would love to get flexget working to scrape rss feeds have you looked into this at all?

I've made a lot of progress on this and the last day I'm somewhat close to making a thread that explains how to make an automated system but I've got to make sure everything works flawlessly first.

Bad grammar this time is due to voice keyboard lol
14th August 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

10 posts
nzbget version?
I've been messing with nzbget on gbox and fire for some time now. Now gbox has openelec sabnzbdsuite is perfect. Before that was using nzbget and it worked well, however latest version with extraction would start loading on ftv but just hang. I did manage to get old version to run fine but no auto extract. Which version you using? Did you manage to add unrar pp script?
16th August 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadimsoze

So there isn't an equivalent sabnzbd suite (sickbeard, couchpotato) for the Android fork like you have on openelec?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Not that I know off. Think there is a Sickbeard version for android though. I tried to install SABnzbd through optware on my tablet but couldn't get it to work well with python. You should try NZBGet, works well. Also is less resource intensive. If you combine NZBGet with indexer to automatically add stuff and use the NZBGet post processing scripts to order the media you will basically have sabnzbd/sickbeard/couch into 1 app by just running NZBGet combined with an indexer (I use DogNZB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracekid

What if we use tasker to trigger an event when a file or folder gets moved to the UnCategorised folder? The event being a Python script that I found called turbo sort it works great.

Also one more thing I would love to get flexget working to scrape rss feeds have you looked into this at all?

I've made a lot of progress on this and the last day I'm somewhat close to making a thread that explains how to make an automated system but I've got to make sure everything works flawlessly first.

Bad grammar this time is due to voice keyboard lol

The script I use, VideoSort, is a evolved version of the Turbo script. Good idea on Tasker to watch for the folder. Think that should work. You can try it yourself, install Python for Android and use it to run the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokol2lvox

I've been messing with nzbget on gbox and fire for some time now. Now gbox has openelec sabnzbdsuite is perfect. Before that was using nzbget and it worked well, however latest version with extraction would start loading on ftv but just hang. I did manage to get old version to run fine but no auto extract. Which version you using? Did you manage to add unrar pp script?

The NZBGet version I have already has parcheck and unrarring build in. Only need to add post processing scripts if you want to do more. Atm I have 3 running, 1 to rename a specific format and place them in my tvshow/seasons/episodes folder structure. 1 to notify XBMC and 1 to notify me of new downloads on my phone.

Running this version:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....nzbm&hl=nl_NL
17th August 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

10 posts
Quote:

The NZBGet version I have already has parcheck and unrarring build in. Only need to add post processing scripts if you want to do more. Atm I have 3 running, 1 to rename a specific format and place them in my tvshow/seasons/episodes folder structure. 1 to notify XBMC and 1 to notify me of new downloads on my phone.

Running this version:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....nzbm&hl=nl_NL

That's odd, that's same version that just hangs of aftv for me. Maybe time to break it out again and start from scratch.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downloads, media, nzbget, usenet
Previous Thread Next Thread