Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

ftvs Wi-Fi issue

17th March 2015, 05:50 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag W.N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 9

17 posts
More
Is no one having Wi-Fi issues with this stick on this board?
There are 500+ complaints here
I couldn't even set up this stick on a Linksys ddwrt router.

I have 15 active clients connected not one of them had this many problems

I tried changing Wi-Fi channels rebooting multiple times, even set an open vap. It also seemed to drop the lease from my cable modem had to reboot everything. I'm only 10 feet from my ap.

I finally did get it "connected with problems"but menus sorta half load if they even load at all.

Anyone? Replace or refund?
17th March 2015, 10:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,485

1,579 posts
Donate to Me
Mine seems to work well with weak 2.4ghz signals. But it has severe issues even with strong 5ghz signals. bummer but it'll do
18th March 2015, 12:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziddey

.... it has severe issues even with strong 5ghz signals...

Try config your 5ghz WiFi signal to use a 20Mhz band instead of the wide 40Mhz band (if your router support this) then I think you will solve your WiFi problem with the Fire TV stick, the Fire TV square don't have this problem
Last edited by lowbee; 18th March 2015 at 12:37 AM.
18th March 2015, 06:05 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbee

Try config your 5ghz WiFi signal to use a 20Mhz band instead of the wide 40Mhz band (if your router support this) then I think you will solve your WiFi problem with the Fire TV stick, the Fire TV square don't have this problem

My FTV never seems to catch the 5GHz signal (20MHz band) or it is very intermittent. It is not very far from the router (my iPhone catches it fine, even if it is further away). In a bizarre twist, when I connect to 2.4, it will show that one as having a very weak signal, but the 5 signal would show as very strong (while still connected to 2.4). So, then if I connect to the 5 signal, it will show the 5 as very weak and the suddenly 2.4 will show as strong (while connected to 5). And I can play that game with FTV all day long. Thankfully, I am wired using powerline adapters.

I have a ASUS 1900AC running DD-WRT.
18th March 2015, 02:08 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag W.N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 9

17 posts
More
Nope no 5 GHz router here.
I'm still running an original Linksys v4 ddwrt. It's been rock solid since I picked it up at a thrift store for $4/w PS.

I did manage to get it working pretty reliably.
I wrapped it loosely with about a foot of aluminum wire and zip tied it up instead of letting it hang. Whether the wire does anything or not.... It works

I have a few other android tv sticks, I know they usually have weak Wi-Fi, but this one would not even connect.

Installed kodi,addons,launcher hacks.....

Ran it all night without issues, actually runs kodi very well, so far so good.
I'm impressed with the kodi performance, runs as good, maybe better than my 808B+

Now? How do I run setup without an amazon account.
Last edited by rellik1000; 18th March 2015 at 03:13 PM.
18th March 2015, 08:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

57 posts
Mr.Rellik1000 I Can Really Use Your Help!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fire tv stick
Previous Thread Next Thread