Nvidia Shield Tablet Updated to Version 2.2.1

more

Lolistat – Statusbar Coloring Module

more

Flat Style Icons for Root Explorer

more

Watches: Luxurious Frivolity vs. Humble Practicality

The post Watches: Luxurious Frivolity vs. Humble Practicality appeared first on … more

[Q] german AFTV root and 24p problem

OP Vince0815

12th November 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
hey guys,

i have some trouble with my german version of the AFTV. I hope you have some good news for me to get out of the "amazon ecological system"

- At first i have a german firmware installed: "51.1.4.0_user_514006420" this is the latest at the moment and i think there is no possibility to gain root access to the AFTV....? I hope you have a good answer to me.....

- What server addresses i have to block in my router that amazon stops that autoupade. I want to use the amazon services but not the autoupdate feature.....

- do you have a 24p problem in the US? in germany the picture is stuttering. the AFTV have no 24fps support. so all movies stuttering. Its terrible to watch. this also apply to amazon content.

thanks for your support

best regards

Vince
13th November 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
As far as I know, Android 4.x output framerate is fixed. Auto framerate change will only be possible with Android 5/L...

So yes, always stuttering with 24p movies 😦
13th November 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #3  
With latest firmware "51.1.4.0_user_514006420" is no working root solution known.

Concerning forced amazon updates try blocking:
amzdigitaldownloads.edgesuite.net
softwareupdates.amazon.com

BTW: there is no special "german" version of the firmware. It is the same firmware globally used everywhere in the US, UK, GER etc.
Last edited by Calibaan; 13th November 2014 at 08:26 AM.
13th November 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 46

156 posts
Also on the lookout everyday if someone finally finds a solution to gain root access on the latest firmware, but besides that I'm pretty much happy with my purchase.
13th November 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
@Jacktheskipper

the missing 24p is no problem for you? Because of that, I hate the AFTV and Iam very unhappy with my purchase.

@Calibaan

When I block these URLs with my Router, the AFTV have problems with the network connection. iI can see that this fault desciption is not correct because XBMC is fully working.
The main problem when i block this URLs is, that I cannot see the apps in the Amazon menu and on ervery page the information that the network connection is not correct. When this fault occur, the starting of XBMC is very extensive... i think you know what i mean.

@shaksbeer

Do you live with this problem or what you have done to minimize the stuttering? Iam glad about every hint to solve that. It makes me crazy.

@all
Thanks for your support!
14th November 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince0815

@Calibaan

When I block these URLs with my Router, the AFTV have problems with the network connection. iI can see that this fault desciption is not correct because XBMC is fully working.
The main problem when i block this URLs is, that I cannot see the apps in the Amazon menu and on ervery page the information that the network connection is not correct. When this fault occur, the starting of XBMC is very extensive... i think you know what i mean.

Didnīt try these URLs actually before posting because my FireTV is already on the latest unrootable firmware but they should work. Have a look at this guide:
http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-block...nsure-rooting/
Last edited by Calibaan; 14th November 2014 at 10:06 AM.
14th November 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 12

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince0815

Sounds like FritzBox

If you add URLs to the Blacklist, the FritzBox blocks these and ALL connections to IP-adresses, no matthere if they belong to these URLs or not. You can add IPs in a IP whitelist, but you have to check which are the relevant ones for the AppStore
14th November 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1dd1

Sounds like FritzBox

If you add URLs to the Blacklist, the FritzBox blocks these and ALL connections to IP-adresses, no matthere if they belong to these URLs or not. You can add IPs in a IP whitelist, but you have to check which are the relevant ones for the AppStore

You are right. It is a FritzBox. The IP blocking of that box annoyed me in some other applications too. This is the first annoying problem with a fritzbox i ever had... sometimes the box block intern (VPN) used ip addresses..... i added all for me relevant VPN IP addresses to the whitelist.... very curious and useless.

How i can find out, which IP addresses I have to add to the whitelist?
This is what i have found:
Code:
54.231.32.161 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com 
54.231.96.201 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com 
54.231.1.33  s3-1-w.amazonaws.com
54.231.18.121 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com
54.231.0.233 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com
54.231.65.9 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com
54.231.96.209 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com 
54.231.65.89 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com 
54.231.32.193 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com
54.231.0.169 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com
54.231.33.9 	s3-1-w.amazonaws.com
and so on.......and so on

I have to put all that IPs to the whitelist? all of them are belong to amazon? ..... a little bit exaggerated, amazon......

@Calibaan

thx for the link. I found that page lately, but it create that fritz box IP-blocking problem which I have.
14th November 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

163 posts
More
Finally my AFTV is being shipped. Ordered as Prime member on the 5. September 2014.
I'll have 2 AFTVs in the house, one from US (rooted) and one from DE (not rooted yet).
@Vince0815, you could use opendns, AFAIK it works.
14th November 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loplo

Finally my AFTV is being shipped. Ordered as Prime member on the 5. September 2014.
I'll have 2 AFTVs in the house, one from US (rooted) and one from DE (not rooted yet).
@Vince0815, you could use opendns, AFAIK it works.

opendns is not free of charge, or? why use another service when i have the (bugged) hardware at home use of opendns is a litte bit excessive for my intent.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread