Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Kodi session state lost

OP mousedown

28th November 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi all,

Been using the knowledge on here for a few years, but could now do with a little help. I've had the UK AFTV since launch. Sadly, no root for me, but at least I can still side load XBMC. One thing that bugs me tho.

The source content's category (movie / TV shows) is always forgotten between sessions, so that the library mode is never usable. I'm presuming this is because of the lack of root access? Is there a way around this?

Also, if I can't have AFTV launch XBMC from boot, can I have a shortcut to it somewhere? I'm getting tired of going through settings to launch the app.
29th November 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

33 posts
More
I'm not sure what you mean by "The source content's category (movie / TV shows) is always forgotten between sessions, so that the library mode is never usable."

Are you saying that your library isn't being displayed after you shutdown Kodi/XBMC then relaunch it? If that's the case that has nothing to do with not being rooted since that data is stored in the writable part of the /sdcard. If you're losing your library then your having some other issue.

As for launching Kodi/XBMC at launch you can use Llama.

You should also take a look at the wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV
29th November 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #3  

3 posts
Add xbmc/kodi to desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousedown

Hi all,

Been using the knowledge on here for a few years, but could now do with a little help. I've had the UK AFTV since launch. Sadly, no root for me, but at least I can still side load XBMC. One thing that bugs me tho.

The source content's category (movie / TV shows) is always forgotten between sessions, so that the library mode is never usable. I'm presuming this is because of the lack of root access? Is there a way around this?

Also, if I can't have AFTV launch XBMC from boot, can I have a shortcut to it somewhere? I'm getting tired of going through settings to launch the app.

This works...Sorry can't post a link yet. Look at youtube
How To Add Kodi/XBMC App To Your Amazon Fire TV Homescreen
30th November 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thanks for that. What i mean is that if I update a source content, i.e set content type to tv, film etc... If i go to set the content type again the state has been lost and its reset to default (nine). This then makes the library mode unavailable. In adittion, i am unable to 'set default conent for all' meaning that i need to disable subtitles on every new video.

Thanks again for any help.
30th November 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #5  

33 posts
More
I'm still not sure if I understand what your doing.

Are you referring to selecting the content type as in , Movies, TV Shows, etc from the main menu? And are talking about the View Type being reset?

I also don't think your using the term "Library Mode" in the correct way. If your movies, tv shows are showing up then your library is intact. However, if the way you see the thumbs, metadata, etc. is different, then that is the view type.

And about the subtitles, that is something completely different. It seems that either your confusing several things, or talking about several different issues. For the subtitles you may want to look at this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles
1st December 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
No, I'm not confused. Sorry I wasn't clear enough (There were a few typos on that last post!).

I refer LIBRARY MODE as being able to select from movies / TV shows. This is not possible for me. I am only able to watch content via FILE MODE. i.e. browsing network content. The reason for this is the problem I've stated. Setting the video source content is lost after it's been set. Kodi can therefore not scrape the content, and no movies / shows are listed. I've installed XBMC on dozens of different devices before and this is the 1st time i've seen this problem.

As for the subtitles, for me they are enabled by default for all videos and remain enabled, whatever I try. To me, the two problems are similar enough to be related. I suspect there are some write privileges affected somewhere? Any settings in the userdata files are ok.

Hope somebody can help resolve this.
1st December 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #7  

33 posts
More
There should be no write privilege issues, unless you made permission changes. I'm able to enable/disable subs without any problems. Just play a video, pull up the navigation menu, select video, then disable/enable subs, then set default for all videos (if needed). Works every time.

So, let's get this straight. Are you saying that when you select "Videos / Files" then you source, pull up the context menu, select Change Content that it shows None by the source type? or that when you pull up the context menu it only has Set Content?

If that's right, then somehow you have a folder permissions issue and relates back to your subtitle issue and you need to adb shell into the device and see what the permissions are set for your .kodi or .xbmc (as well as lower) folder are (/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xmbc or org.xbmc.kodi/files/.xbmc or .kodi). However, if you pull up the context menu, select Change Content and it still shows Movies for the type, then you just have a scrapping problem and you need to manually scrap.

It's hard to say what might have happened, but as I haven't heard anyone else having this problem or haven't seen it myself, it appears to be a one off issues only affecting your install.

EDIT: I just noticed this on github: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5860 which maybe related to your content issue.

Try the 12/03 Nightly when it is pushed out, the fix should be merged into that build.
Last edited by Tinwarble; 2nd December 2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Added content
2nd December 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
It's definitely a scraping problem. I can choose set content on the video source, select Movie, select ok. The menu closes, you can see the drop down of the scraper begin... then nothing. If I go back into set content... then the content is not set to Movie. This is the same for any content type, and any scraper.

I've just un installed kodi 13.2 and installed SPMC 13.3.3 but the problem is exactly the same on that too. My sources are all via smb://

I use a mysql db in advanced settings but never had any issues with it before - my PC is using 13.2 with out issue also.

*Resolved*

It was failing on writing to the db (reason unknown). Have reverted advanced settings to use local db and all is well. A shame it can't be shared tho. Do you know if it's possible?
Last edited by mousedown; 2nd December 2014 at 10:13 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread