Ask a question

No registration required

KOTOR

OP xrecartp

26th December 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
Just letting anyone know that Knights of the Old Republic works like a charm sideloaded. Have it moved to a Usb. Still figuring out the contols. Mery xmas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xrecartp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrecartp

Just letting anyone know that Knights of the Old Republic works like a charm sideloaded. Have it moved to a Usb. Still figuring out the contols. Mery xmas.

I'm trying to run it on the fire tv stick, and it runs fine up till the first conversation. (menus, character creation, video, waking up, and then the guy runs in) As soon as the guy starts to speak, it crashes. I can't figure out what is going on. attach a logcat if that would be of use to anyone that can help me diagnose the problem
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcatlong.txt - [Click for QR Code] (339.4 KB, 16 views)
29th December 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #3  

38 posts
More
Just as an update, I copied a savegame from the PC version to the fire stick. The game loads and let me run around. It crashes again once someone begins speaking. I think there must be something wrong with the audio decoder or something. It plays the music just fine, however. I even heard a brief glimpse of Carth's first line as you travel through the ship.

In the logcat i posted earlier, it mentions: "Failed to open libwvm.so"

From what I understand in my reading, this is some sort of drm decoder for wav files.

I looked in /system/lib and there is no libwvm.so file there. Could this be what is causing the app to crash?

Thanks again for any help
29th December 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 796

779 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcircuit

Just as an update, I copied a savegame from the PC version to the fire stick. The game loads and let me run around. It crashes again once someone begins speaking. I think there must be something wrong with the audio decoder or something. It plays the music just fine, however. I even heard a brief glimpse of Carth's first line as you travel through the ship.

In the logcat i posted earlier, it mentions: "Failed to open libwvm.so"

From what I understand in my reading, this is some sort of drm decoder for wav files.

I looked in /system/lib and there is no libwvm.so file there. Could this be what is causing the app to crash?

Thanks again for any help

widevine is the DRM system normal android devices use. But Amazon doesn't use it. If you're using something that requires it, it won't work.
29th December 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #5  

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

widevine is the DRM system normal android devices use. But Amazon doesn't use it. If you're using something that requires it, it won't work.

Thanks for the reply

That makes sense to me. I think if this is the underlying cause, then it wouldn't work on the regular Fire TV either. Since it is working on the regular Fire TV, I think I need to look for a different cause.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread