Link2SD on Amazon Fire TV

21st September 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #91  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

28 posts
nyder,

According to mount looks like neither Stickmount or my script are running on your system.

On boot you seeing the message SU is giving Stickmount and Link2SD permissions ? (I'm troubled by you mentioning you had to re-run SU for allowing busybox to run).

Did you run everything in the order I described above ?

Also, I've fixed the debug script. Please re-run as in my debug post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=39
21st September 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #92  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 5

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyCookie_OnLoan2FM_SVE

nyder,

According to mount looks like neither Stickmount or my script are running on your system.

On boot you seeing the message SU is giving Stickmount and Link2SD permissions ? (I'm troubled by you mentioning you had to re-run SU for allowing busybox to run).

Did you run everything in the order I described above ?

Also, I've fixed the debug script. Please re-run as in my debug post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=39

On boot I see both stickmount & link2sd getting permissions. even says stickmount mounted the partition /sdcard/usbstorage/sda1

What isn't getting run is the sd.sh file.

And yes, I did run everything as you described.

Yes, when I do the firmware update, the root isn't working anymore, so su isn't working, and after i run towelroot, SU needs to redownload the binary. But these are working after reboots.

Here's the file.

I am going to have to downgrade the firmware again since we can now put the clockwork recovery on the AFTV http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-insta...mazon-fire-tv/

If you don't turn up anything with my latest debug script, I can just try it again from that firmware, pretty sure that was the one that my system came with.

Also this is getting me pretty frustrated and I imagine you probably have better things to do. if you don't find anything from my log, maybe we should just cry uncle and I'll just use foldermount and have to be happy.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mylog.txt - [Click for QR Code] (29.2 KB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to nyder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #93  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

28 posts
From the latest rbox my current suspect is the firmware version. I'm on 51.1.1.0_user_511069920.

You're the one who mentioned he's up for checking and testing, but you can have it as you wish.

I'm up for it. With both FolderMount and Link2SD I have many games/apps with barely any residue on my AFTV storage.
21st September 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #94  
Flag Seattle

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyCookie_OnLoan2FM_SVE

From the latest rbox my current suspect is the firmware version. I'm on 51.1.1.0_user_511069920.

You're the one who mentioned he's up for checking and testing, but you can have it as you wish.

I'm up for it. With both FolderMount and Link2SD I have many games/apps with barely any residue on my AFTV storage.

I'll keep going, I'll start this over, going to put the recovery on, then I will put the same firmware version you have and give it a go again.
21st September 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
I just I'd share my experience in this

Using the script I got my FireTV (currently still on 51.1.02) to mount the fat and ext4 partitions correctly. However, as many others, it did not load at boot for me.

Script manager worked, but I preferred the method someone suggested, adding the necessary commands to :
/system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh

However Link2SD seems to load before the partitions get mounted or something, so the apps that are linked do not become available (but you can see they exist in /data/sdext2)

I noticed that after installing something Link2SD was getting root permissions again, maybe it got triggered to refresh or something, and indeed suddenly the missing linked apps where suddenly in the applications list.

In the ink2SD settings I tried to find something helpful like a boot-delay or something, but I did not find anything.
But I did notice the option for a SOFT-reboot, and that seems to always do the trick. The drive stays mounted, but the app-list etc. gets reloaded...

Annoyingly you need a mouse to do it in Link2SD, but a similar option exists in the framework menu of the Xposed Framework Settings app..

Maybe a soft-reboot can be scripted?

Hope this helps for some others too...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tirges For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #96  
Flag Seattle

58 posts
More
Okay, I installed the CWM Recovery and installed the rooted 51.1.1.0_511070220 rom, as I can only install his custom roms with the CWMR.

Here is the problem, when running your script in the terminal, just after I click 1 for the Option of 1 partition, it says:
Link2SD not installed or not run at least once before this script. Exiting.

I uninstalled Link2Sd then reinstalled it. Same thing.

I did a factory reset, reinstall Link2SD (plus busybox, etc) and and thing.

I ran the debug script in case that might tell you anything.

Okay, a bit later. I can't sit still, so I did the manual install on the Link2SD, and had to use scriptmanager to get it to run the sd.sh script after booting. And of course, Link2SD seems to run before scriptmanager, so it's running before the ext's get loaded or something. Dungeon Quest wasn't listed anymore. tigres mention the soft reboot option, so I gave that a try and sure enough there is Dungeon Quest.

Now we are getting somewhere. Currently I can live with having to do a manual soft reboot until a way to do it automatically is found, or of course, Amazon decides to enable the usb for files.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mylog.txt - [Click for QR Code] (27.0 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by nyder; 23rd September 2014 at 10:10 PM.
23rd September 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 327

375 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyder

Okay, I installed the CWM Recovery and installed the rooted 51.1.1.0_511070220 rom, as I can only install his custom roms with the CWMR.

Here is the problem, when running your script in the terminal, just after I click 1 for the Option of 1 partition, it says:
Link2SD not installed or not run at least once before this script. Exiting.

I uninstalled Link2Sd then reinstalled it. Same thing.

I did a factory reset, reinstall Link2SD (plus busybox, etc) and and thing.

I ran the debug script in case that might tell you anything.

Okay, a bit later. I can't sit still, so I did the manual install on the Link2SD, and had to use scriptmanager to get it to run the sd.sh script after booting. And of course, Link2SD seems to run before scriptmanager, so it's running before the ext's get loaded or something. Dungeon Quest wasn't listed anymore. tigres mention the soft reboot option, so I gave that a try and sure enough there is Dungeon Quest.

Now we are getting somewhere. Currently I can live with having to do a manual soft reboot until a way to do it automatically is found, or of course, Amazon decides to enable the usb for files.

I believe this is dependent on having the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh? I do not install those as part of the rooted updates.
23rd September 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #98  
Flag Seattle

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

I believe this is dependent on having the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh? I do not install those as part of the rooted updates.

Yes, i would say it's depend on that file. Okay, guess it doesn't get copied over with the manual install. NM, already have a copy of it.

Since I decided to go with the latest firmware, it wiped out the Link2SD stuff anyways, so I will manually do it and add that file this time.

And that was the reason why the script failed, ran fine when I added the file. But I still have to do the soft reboot to get my link stuff showing. =)
Last edited by nyder; 23rd September 2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: question wasn't needed
23rd September 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #99  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 84

137 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyder

Yes, i would say it's depend on that file. Okay, guess it doesn't get copied over with the manual install. NM, already have a copy of it.

Since I decided to go with the latest firmware, it wiped out the Link2SD stuff anyways, so I will manually do it and add that file this time.

And that was the reason why the script failed, ran fine when I added the file. But I still have to do the soft reboot to get my link stuff showing. =)

Can you share the install-recovery.sh file please
Last edited by imtiajmeah; 23rd September 2014 at 11:36 PM.
23rd September 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #100  
Flag Seattle

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiajmeah

Can you share the install-recovery.sh file please

Yep, no problem. Had to add an .txt on to it because kept saying invalid file otherwise.

As for doing the soft reboot, I found this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ftreboot&hl=en

Which is easier then opening link2sd and using the mouse.
Attached Files
File Type: txt install-recovery.sh.txt - [Click for QR Code] (629 Bytes, 8 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to nyder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread