Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Thread Closed

Looking for pointers on XBMC and such... Movies? Tv Shows?

OP mroneeyedboh

15th October 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 470

1,687 posts
So Ive been looking around I dont see any FAQs in terms of Amazon fire TV add-ons. I seen some videos online where people were using Kodi, what exactly is that? Plus XBMC and they were viewing movies that were ?free? to watch and Tv shows as well? How are they doing that? Plus I seen an Amazon Fire TV on ebay for 225$ that offered free movies, shows etc. Thats over $100 retail price for something Im sure they just downloaded into the Fire TVs... Just looking to get some knowledge on these, thats all.

thanks.
15th October 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 15

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroneeyedboh

So Ive been looking around I dont see any FAQs in terms of Amazon fire TV add-ons. I seen some videos online where people were using Kodi, what exactly is that? Plus XBMC and they were viewing movies that were ?free? to watch and Tv shows as well? How are they doing that? Plus I seen an Amazon Fire TV on ebay for 225$ that offered free movies, shows etc. Thats over $100 retail price for something Im sure they just downloaded into the Fire TVs... Just looking to get some knowledge on these, thats all.

thanks.

Try using search as there have been a few threads that will answer your question. Not FAQs, but there are posts.

Yes, you can use xbmc & addons to watch free tv & movies. As for the person selling the AFTV for $225, probably not a bad deal as soon you won't find any rootable AFTV's unless someone figures out how to root the current versions. You can still find the older versions of AFTV (and by versions, i mean firmware versions) around for $100 or less.
15th October 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,687 posts
Thanks. Can you tell me what the firmware is?
15th October 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag Seattle

111 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks. Can you tell me what the firmware is?

No, because you are senior member here, and to me that means you actually can look the info up yourself. I don't mind helping people out, but you I think are just being lazy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793823 6th item will tell you how to install from other sources. Doesn't matter which firemware you have, if you have the one that lets you turn that option from the developers menu, cool. if not, do what it says in the link.

And all this **** is posted on these forums, I suggest you go looking thru them. Though why we don't have some of them stickied makes me wonder...
Last edited by nyder; 15th October 2014 at 02:28 AM. Reason: decided to be less of a dick
15th October 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,687 posts
Honestly I'm at work and wanted to get something going . it's hard to search on my cell, honest truth. I planned on doing more later
15th October 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag Seattle

111 posts
More
Quote:

Honestly I'm at work and wanted to get something going . it's hard to search on my cell, honest truth. I planned on doing more later

I'm sorry, for whatever reason I have a bad attitude today. I shouldn't be taking it out on others.

I don't think the rootable firmwares have the "install from unknown source" in the developers option. I'm pretty sure that came in the unrootable firmwares, which you'd have to have the custom version installed.

But that link I gave you will show you what you need to do on yours, will need a mouse to use the sqlite app. Takes a few to understand the UI for it, at least took me a few.

And while I tend to use usenet & thepiratebay to download my shows, I found the 990.ro add on for XBMC/Kodi seems to work very well. I watched the latest Supernatural using it.

There is an add on thread for XBMC where other addons are mentioned. I'd look for that.
Last edited by nyder; 15th October 2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: ro not ru
15th October 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

1,687 posts
Thanks brother
15th October 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Seattle

111 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks brother

made an error, it's 990.ro not 990.ru
15th October 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #9  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 40

258 posts
And I think that the mods would be quite happy if you would keep conversations like this on PM level. Filesharing and streaming of illegal content is a big no-no here!
15th October 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #10  
Flag Seattle

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraschorsch

And I think that the mods would be quite happy if you would keep conversations like this on PM level. Filesharing and streaming of illegal content is a big no-no here!

Going to point out that no one is talking filesharing here, and as for the 990.ro site being illegal streaming, no way of knowing. They could be doing something illegal, or maybe they got permission to share all the TV/Movies they got. But either way, it's a plug in you can get from the SuperRepo (spr.nu) repository for XBMC/Kodi. And I'm sure they wouldn't do anything to facilitate piracy.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread