Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

roku-like audiocast to phone / headphones

OP t3ch42

20th August 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal

So where do you plug this into? The USB port of the AFTV? how do you pair it?

Its a simple little BT receiver that allows a 1/8 headphone jack or jumper to plug into your car aux. It has a battery which lasts three or so hours with headphones plugged in.
To sync, turn on the switch and search with your phone, firetv or whatever you have with BT audio. It automatically connects. Simple. Cheap.
20th August 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I actually use a pair cheapo 2.4ghz headphones I got as a gift. None audio sync issues I had using a bluetooth transmitter. I just plug it into either the headphone port on the bedroom tv or on the av receiver when I watch in the living room when I can't sleep.

these look nice
The JBL WR2.4 looks nice for under $50 at Amazon
20th August 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 8

806 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhur

I actually use a pair cheapo 2.4ghz headphones I got as a gift. None audio sync issues I had using a bluetooth transmitter. I just plug it into either the headphone port on the bedroom tv or on the av receiver when I watch in the living room when I can't sleep.

these look nice
The JBL WR2.4 looks nice for under $50 at Amazon

Most tv now a day doesn't have headphone jack.

Some of us don't have receiver in bedroom tv
20th August 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:

Most tv now a day doesn't have headphone jack.

Some of us don't have receiver in bedroom tv

My bedroom TV has a headphone port the side and no av receiver. That tv is technically a computer monitor with hdmi and a tuner. So that may explain why it still has a headphone port. However, many larger TV's still have an audio out (line level, red and white RCA) that can be used with wireless headphones. There are also toslink to analog convertors or HDMI audio extractors that you can get for about $25. You could use one to achieve line level audio.

I have been researching TV's since the living room tv is old. My living room TV is ridiculous it is HD but it is a 50" plasma from 2004 and it was built before ASTC HD tuners were put in TV sets. The last owners left it because it was a pita to move, I can't imagine how much it would have cost in 2004.

The headphone I mentioned appears not to be a good choice in the line level audio output scenario.
21st August 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 8

806 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ch42

Its a simple little BT receiver that allows a 1/8” headphone jack or jumper to plug into your car aux. It has a battery which lasts three or so hours with headphones plugged in.
To sync, turn on the switch and search with your phone, firetv or whatever you have with BT audio. It automatically connects. Simple. Cheap.

Then I am not sure how this approach would be different than using bluetooth headphones other than you getting lucky with this particular unit compared to others. It is bascially a bluetooth headphone without the headphones.

It's great that it works for you though.
21st August 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
Quote:

Then I am not sure how this approach would be different than using bluetooth headphones other than you getting lucky with this particular unit compared to others. It is bascially a bluetooth headphone without the headphones.

It's great that it works for you though.

You're right. They are no different. What I did notice is the audio did not seem too out of sync if at all with the newer version of xbmc.
Of course, it could just be a coincidence with a movie that had it audio set out of sync already...I don't know. I may have been more tolerant of the prep work in order to get it to work, pause the video, adjust delay forward, unpause and verify.
The point for me was that it was easy. The BT receiver could have been a more expensive one or cheaper. I don't think it matters too much right now as the BT audio is just an unintended positive side effect.
Amazon may enable a better fix soon or someone may mod a custom image with support if the bootloader opens. Its possible. Either way, I'm happy with the amazon TV. There a bunch more options and capabilities available on this xbmc box than any of the others I've had.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
audiocast, bubbleupnp, private listening from xbmc
Previous Thread Next Thread