Post Reply

Unlink Amazon Account from FireTV

OP mejdam

20th August 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
So i have some family members that wanted an android device where they could easily select netflix, hulu, youtube, twitch etc.... but they didn’t want to create an amazon account and i sure as heck didn’t want to leave my account linked to it. If you deregister your device from your amazon using the web the fire tv will not let you use any application until you create or login to an amazon account.

So what I did was:
1. You need Root
2. Install an alternative launcher
3. Using Titanium backup freeze KFTV Launcher and OOBE
4. Go online to amazon.com and deregister the device from your account
5. No more nagging message telling me to log in using an amazon account.

Hope this helps!!!

Because this will kill your connection to amazon please keep in mind that any amazon app downloaded will stop working.
Last edited by mejdam; 20th August 2014 at 11:20 PM.
20th August 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam

So i have some family members that wanted an android device where they could easily select netflix, hulu, youtube, twitch etc.... but they didnít want to create an amazon account and i sure as heck didnít want to leave my account linked to it. If you deregister your device from your amazon using the web the fire tv will not let you use any application until you create or login to an amazon account.

So what I did was:
1. You need Root
2. Install an alternative launcher
3. Using Titanium backup freeze KFTV Launcher and OOBE
4. Go online to amazon.com and deregister the device from your account
5. No more nagging message telling me to log in using an amazon account.

Hope this helps!!!

I'm glad someone did this. I always would like to de-register my device from my account, since I have no longer use it. But I didn't try because I'm afraid that will block my root device. By the way, what OOBE stands for?
20th August 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsam38

I'm glad someone did this. I always would like to de-register my device from my account, since I have no longer use it. But I didn't try because I'm afraid that will block my root device. By the way, what OOBE stands for?

my guess is Out-of-Body-Experience

Wasnt easy trying to figure out which application was causing that login page to appear. took me an hour to figure it out.
21st August 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam

my guess is Out-of-Body-Experience

Wasnt easy trying to figure out which application was causing that login page to appear. took me an hour to figure it out.

Just came home and tried it, and it won`t work for me. The login screen will pop up to ask for login to amazon, even I have my own launcher. Weird....
21st August 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsam38

By the way, what OOBE stands for?

Out of box experience - referring to the initial state a device is in when it is taken out of the box. A lot of time the first time you power on a new device it will come up with an initialization wizard that asks to active/register etc, and it only runs once.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Fire TV General by ThreadRank