360 Xbox controller wireless - Some questions

Search This thread

Rock-&-Roll-Hedgehog

Jul 7, 2012
I've just got a Fire Box & a new 360 Xbox controller wireless with microsoft's official dongle (official microsoft NOT generic)

Could someone walk me through what you pressed & for how long to pair it?

The Fire TV Box doesn't see it when I try to pair it (just continually searches). But it does recognise it partially for navigating menus. It recognises inputs from the left joystick & d pad only, & the A & B button. The right joystick is dead.

sebred99

Aug 26, 2015
Looks like it's working as intended for you:
Left stick + D-Pad is for scrolling
A = OK
B = Back
XBox Button = Home
Start = Menu
Right stick has not functionality in the menus.

If that's working you don't have to pair it anywhere.

You can use it to navigate. Using it in any Emulator or Game App should also work Out-Of-The-Box now. Just use the controller button assignment in those apps.

I have a generic receiver but when that's already working fine it should be ok with the original.

Oh btw: The controller keeps blinking for me but it still works. Even for 2 controllers on the one receiver.

Rock-&-Roll-Hedgehog

Jul 7, 2012
A = OK
B = Back
XBox Button = Home
Start = Menu

You can use it to navigate. Using it in any Emulator or Game App should also work Out-Of-The-Box now. Just use the controller button assignment in those apps.

I have a generic receiver but when that's already working fine it should be ok with the original.

Oh btw: The controller keeps blinking for me but it still works. Even for 2 controllers on the one receiver.
Oh thanks for that :) I feel really dumb now. I only ever gamed on my PC with a keyboard & mouse last time I used a controller was when I was a kid.

What do you do when you run out of buttons & triggers for a game? I'm playing Dead Trigger 2 & I don't have enough buttons & it makes you program them in yourself. There is no default.

I don't even know which buttons/triggers etc I should program in for what function. I know it would vary by person & game but I imagine there is probably a basic commonality to the way people decide which buttons to use for what.
Yeah the blinking is annoying but everyone gets that apparently.

Mrs Hedgehog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A = OK
    B = Back
    XBox Button = Home
    Start = Menu